Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

What do you think is the best snowmobile manufacturer

This is a discussion on What do you think is the best snowmobile manufacturer within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Hey guys, I would like to know what you personally think is the best snowmobile manufacturer. This isn't one of those forums like all the ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do you think is the best snowmobile manufacturer

is waiting for winter...

Member #
    Hey guys, I would like to know what you personally think is the best snowmobile manufacturer. This isn't one of those forums like all the other ones where people end up yelling and cursing at other people about whcih brand is the best. Personally I am a Polaris guy, but I do believe Yamaha has superior sleds and technology. Please post what you think and why!

Adrenaline Junkie
    is - watching my corn pop up in
    rows

Member #
    [amazon][BeerPull][lurker]

This could get interesting. I'm a Polaris guy, always have been, but I believe every brand has their own standpoint. Yamaha obviously has the 4-stroke game, Ski-Doo currently is doing the whole less weight its more thing, Polaris is opening new doors with the Rush, and Cat makes just an all around decent sled. I don't think there is 1 clear "best" But there are 4 companies that make a product that just about anybody can find a sled to fill their fit.

Chad

Doin' the things a particle can...
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Honestly? Each and every manufacturer has good points and bad points about their sleds. I happen to respect them all. *shrug*

I happen do dig Arctic Cat because I've own Suzuki motorcycles for quite some time and AC's are powered by Suzuki.

give'r!
    is is waiting for the snow to
    come back

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarisBoy1996
    Hey guys, I would like to know what you personally think is the best snowmobile manufacturer. This isn't one of those forums like all the other ones where people end up yelling and cursing at other people about whcih brand is the best. Personally I am a Polaris guy, but I do believe Yamaha has superior sleds and technology. Please post what you think and why!
    I like the idea of this thread, but feel that it has some serious locking potential. Anyways, I am a polaris guy and always have been. I've always had good luck with them and they are reliable machines.

is anyone know of any place that
    builds race legal clutch
    guards?

Member #
    I would take a sled from each of the top 4, like stated they all have their goods and bads about them. I think my next sled just might be a Cat, not sure though because then I would have to get new gear :-p.

Super Moderator
    is sick of the furniture store
    calling me to come back. All I
    wanted was one night stand...

Member #
    Cat has been good to me, so that's what I've been prone to riding...

As to which manufacturer is best...? They are all garbage, just pick a color! []

This user has no status.

Member #
    ^^^^Thats exactly right. Doesn't matter what you get it's not a question of if something will happen it's when, some times its sooner then others.

is waiting for winter...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan
    Cat has been good to me, so that's what I've been prone to riding...

As to which manufacturer is best...? They are all garbage, just pick a color! []
    Ahah, there is alot of truth in that one.

Ok guys, after these first few comments, I've decided to change what this is really about, (I'm over the thriy min elapsed time thing so I can't actually change it) but instead of the best manufacturer, lets talk about the pros and cons of each brand or maybe knew concepts, I'll start a new thread.

is is ready for summer to go
    bye-bye!!!

Member #
    The all have their pros and cons, but overall I would say Polaris is the best. In terms of performance, durability, comfort, light weight, customer service and handling they are as good or better than anyone.
    I really like Yamaha too, but IMO they still lag behind in terms of suspension and they are heavy. Ski-Doos are nice but parts are really expensive and Arctic Cats are nice, but IMO their designs lately have been very uninspired and durability is questionable.

is full bore in firewood mode!!!!

Member #
    ^^agreed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links