Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Arctic Cat F6

This is a discussion on Arctic Cat F6 within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Well I started out with a 94 Cougar 440, and then when the chaincase ended up getting a hole in it from the chain breaking ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Arctic Cat F6

This user has no status.

Member #
    Well I started out with a 94 Cougar 440, and then when the chaincase ended up getting a hole in it from the chain breaking I got a ZL 440. I'm thinking about bumping up to a F6 next season. I was just wondering how much should one cost thats like an 04 or an 05. I'll probably end up getting it at Hay Days next year. Also I just looked up to see if they were having it, and found out it moved. Can anyone tell me how far away it moved and what part of Minnesota Almelund is in.

is Picked up a running 2000 Indy
    Classic 500 for $350

Member #
    Craigslist is your friend. Prices vary from time of the year, to condition and mileage of the sled. You can find a nice 04-05 F6 in the price range of anywhere from $2800 to $4800.

For the location, why not just go on google, click on MAPS, type "wherever" to "wherever" and click enter, and it'll tell you how far away it is.

arctic cat fanatic!
    is is going to cancun on sunday!

Member #
    i bought a 2004 sabercat 600 $2700.00 two years ago now. keep your eyes peeled for a steal, because they are out there. one more thing, almelund is about 5 miles east of north branch.

Quote Originally Posted by sledcrusher
    Craigslist is your friend.
    AGREED.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Well I just wanted a good idea of what is way to much and what is to little to be wary on if something could be wrong.

Eagle Eye
    is blizzard is on the way!
    finally! time to use the last
    of my vacation days.

Member #
    if you are looking for an F6 you might as well get an F7 instead and get the most bang for your buck!!! plus at 170hp its more power than the newer sleds have.

is Waiting...

Member #
    F7's have 170hp? I didnt know that.

Wow so my ole man's 98 XC700 beat a 170hp sled like nothing...insteresting.

Do a wheelie
    is nothing like a bit of flurries
    to raise your stoke-o-meter

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by KRSS144

LOL, I really doubt that. I would think more like 130?

is still trying to sell my old
    cover, cdi, wiring harness and
    tach...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tru7683
    if you are looking for an F6 you might as well get an F7 instead and get the most bang for your buck!!! plus at 170hp its more power than the newer sleds have.
    Sorry, not even close to 170 hp. I know the arctic cat guys often proclaim this sled to be created by the own hands of GOD himself, but its 140 h.p rated by arctic cat and dynos show around 130-135 real world h.p at the most.

I just don't understand what gets people to think the f7's were all that great of a machine. Were SOME fast in a straight line (mostly 2003-due to lean fuel mapping and lots of timing)? absolutely. Were they unreliable as all hell? yes. Did they have a ton of problems with cracked rails, cracked a-arms, cracked bulkheads and tunnels, act drive problems, and various other suspension problems? yes. I have ridden over 5 sno pro F7's and not one has impressed me. In fact i was quite disappointed after getting off my pro-x and on to a newer F7.

EDIT: sorry for the rant, i just get annoyed when all i ever hear about f-7s is how fast they are and how they are the best thing to ever hit snow, when really, thats far from the case.

case and point.

is Waiting...

Member #
    ^ I hear what you are saying loud and clear, they are light sleds...and thats about all I have to say about the F7's. My uncle snow checked the first year they came out and had nothing but problems (but thats for a different forum) but for a 700 that was "created by the own hands of GOD himself" (awesome, best line yet) I was not that impressed either for being a 700. But if I would have know they had as much hp as a Thundercat well s*** I probly wouldnt have fixed up my uncles F7 for my Grandmother to ride this year, 170hp is a little much for a little old lady to be riding sinse her last sled was a 440 Panther.

Eagle Eye
    is blizzard is on the way!
    finally! time to use the last
    of my vacation days.

Member #
    sorry guys i must be wrong on the HP rating. Its bothering me now because the 2006 catalog i had for arctic cat sleds i thought said 170hp when i was debating on wich sled to buy. Maybe a misprint or i was looking at something else. Now im wondering were the hell i put that damn catalog so i can look at it. 3 years is a long time to loose something around the house. I did look it up on one site and it said 140hp so that must be right.

im not saying they are the best sled and that they are the greatest im just saying if your gonna buy an F6 you might as well buy an F7.
    Quote Originally Posted by 03Pro-X700
    Quote Originally Posted by Tru7683
    Sorry, not even close to 170 hp. I know the arctic cat guys often proclaim this sled to be created by the own hands of GOD himself, but its 140 h.p rated by arctic cat and dynos show around 130-135 real world h.p at the most.

I just don't understand what gets people to think the f7's were all that great of a machine. Were SOME fast in a straight line (mostly 2003-due to lean fuel mapping and lots of timing)? absolutely. Were they unreliable as all hell? yes. Did they have a ton of problems with cracked rails, cracked a-arms, cracked bulkheads and tunnels, act drive problems, and various other suspension problems? yes. I have ridden over 5 sno pro F7's and not one has impressed me. In fact i was quite disappointed after getting off my pro-x and on to a newer F7.

EDIT: sorry for the rant, i just get annoyed when all i ever hear about f-7s is how fast they are and how they are the best thing to ever hit snow, when really, thats far from the case.

case and point.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links