Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Snowmobile Tech School??

This is a discussion on Snowmobile Tech School?? within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Im looking to go to school to learn to be a snowmobile tech/mechanic. Can anyone tell me the names of some of the schools that ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Snowmobile Tech School??

This user has no status.

Member #
    Im looking to go to school to learn to be a snowmobile tech/mechanic.
    Can anyone tell me the names of some of the schools that teach this??

is Removed a Firecat fuel tank
    today.... just a little pain
    it was.

Member #
    Power Sports Institute in Ohio they are top 3 in schools that teach this I am going there or Ohio Diesel.

is wants to know if a non pivot
    skidoo oem bar riser will bolt
    onto a polaris!?

Member #
    might try wyo-tech , theres another one here in ohio called northern university

09SHIFT
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by danoxcr600
    might try wyo-tech , theres another one here in ohio called northern university
    i thought wyo tech only had a motorcycle class not sled... but idk.. and it cost 3 million dollars.. ok maybe not that much but it is alot.... what states do you want to go to school in?

Thinking of snow
    is Thinking of snow...

Member #
    you dont really need schooling to be a sled tech i have a few friends i went to high school with that are polaris techs at couple dealers in the area and one of the dealers just happens to be one of the best in the state as far as there mechanics and service and i know most of the techs there and i would have to say 75% of them never went to any school for it they just applied for the job and know there stuff my best friend started there right after high school and became the lead tech after 2 or 3 years if you know your stuff and arent mechanically illiterate you can get jobs as sled techs without any schooling of any kind its all about what ya know and your experiance

is getting ready for hillclimb
    season..

Member #
    like Mad-Boondocker said psi was rated the #1 school for this in 2009 they do sleds atvs motorcyles jetskis and everything else in between i will actually be attending this school this year its an awsome school with alot to offer check them out here

http://www.psi-now.com/

SledAholic
    is winter sucked

Member #
    Im only 13 soon to be 14 and going into high school. I am picking classes and stuff like that and i am taking a lot of technology classes and things that i enjoy. I would love to go to college and learn about things like this but i cant really see this being a reliable career. I see so many dealerships open and close and i know that dealerships cant make that much money. My dads friend owns a pretty big john deer dealership and he isnt really rich. I dont want to be rich but i dont want to be just another person working in an office. If someone chooses a job in snowmobiling how are you going to find a well paying job. I get good grades and am going to be in lots of honors corses. If you go to college and become a mechanical engineer doesnt that cover snowmobiles too? I would love to work with snowmobiles that would be a dream come true but really how many well paying jobs are their and arent they hard to get? Im still young and i am not saying i want to become a fancy doctor or something but i would still like a pretty high paying job.

is fixing the 900 this weekend.
    Might actually be able to ride
    this season!

Member #
    Theres nothing at all in the Northeast- closest one to me is like 8 hours away or more.

If you're not first, you're last!
    This user has no status.

Member #
    UTI has a pretty good powersports program. you should research it

Super Senior Member
    is needs a beer......or 12.....or

Member #
    School of hard knocks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links