Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Mystik "Full Synthetic" Oil

This is a discussion on Mystik "Full Synthetic" Oil within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; I was looking into Mystik Snowmobile oil. It's the JT-4 oil for 2-strokes and is used by many racers such as Todd Palin in the ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mystik "Full Synthetic" Oil

This user has no status.

Member #
    I was looking into Mystik Snowmobile oil. It's the JT-4 oil for 2-strokes and is used by many racers such as Todd Palin in the Iron Dog. It's just starting to go on sale here in town and I was looking to see if anyone knows if it's any good or not. It's almost half the price(If I buy it in bulk) as Torco(Which I normally buy/use). 60 bucks a gallon for Torco is just getting to damn expensive and I was looking to switch over. Their website is www.mystiklubes.com if anyone wants to check it out.

12th street elite
    is is now clutched and jetted for
    west yellowstone. and got a 2
    inch riser on the sled.

Member #
    I actually just bought some and have been running it in my sled for the past month or so with excellent results. I was running polaris VES gold and refused to pay the $47 dollar a gallon. picked up the mystik jt-4 2 stroke at mills fleet farm for $20 a gallon and so far I'm sticking with it.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Nice. I just bought a case of it too for about 104 dollars at Crowley. That's a lot better than 60 bucks a gallon for torco. I know it'll work well!

Super Moderator
    This user has no status.

Member #
    From what I've read, Mystic is owned by Citgo. This would lead me to believe their 2-stroke sled oil is just rebadged Citgo Sea & Snow, which lots of people run with good luck. My two-bits of course...

is full bore in firewood mode!!!!

Member #
    ^^^^^That's what I have been finding out also.

is fusion seat swap on the wifes
    sled is done, now for the
    switchy on mine!

Member #
    The sea and snow is a syn blend and I believe the mystik is full syn. And bigblock, does it have a different odor to it, have you run the sea and snow before?

Official Heat Hater.
    is Got my first ride of the
    season in today. I was riding
    a friend's sled though, not
    enough snow to get the M8 out
    yet

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblock
    I actually just bought some and have been running it in my sled for the past month or so with excellent results. I was running polaris VES gold and refused to pay the $47 dollar a gallon. picked up the mystik jt-4 2 stroke at mills fleet farm for $20 a gallon and so far I'm sticking with it.
    Is this oil for use with power valves? I looked it up on the website, but it didn't say.

is Yeah two belts in one weekend,
    nothing like ridng a cat lol

Member #
    I run citgo ss and I clean my power valves every 1k miles or once every season depends on which comes first. I've noticed that ss has a slight sweet tinge to it, anyone else notice that? It keeps powervalves pretty clean and is one of the highest rated oils on he market. That said the mystic full synthetic has to be some good stuff if it's made by citgo.

12th street elite
    is is now clutched and jetted for
    west yellowstone. and got a 2
    inch riser on the sled.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmmil
    The sea and snow is a syn blend and I believe the mystik is full syn. And bigblock, does it have a different odor to it, have you run the sea and snow before?
    it does kind of have a scent to it. it's deep purple and smells kind of like grape soda. And yes wildcat, being that it is full synthetic it is suited for power valves.[thumb]

is full bore in firewood mode!!!!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblock
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmmil
    it does kind of have a scent to it. it's deep purple and smells kind of like grape soda. And yes wildcat, being that it is full synthetic it is suited for power valves.[thumb]
    sounds just like Sea and Snow which is a blend but works very well in a VES engine. It is just as clean on the valves as the klotz i use at 1/4 the price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links