Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Snowmobile Bogging out

This is a discussion on Snowmobile Bogging out within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; My snowmobile is still bogging out after cleaning the carbs. I think its a lean bog and im not sure how to tune the carbs, ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Snowmobile Bogging out

This user has no status.

Member #
    My snowmobile is still bogging out after cleaning the carbs. I think its a lean bog and im not sure how to tune the carbs, any ideas? also heres the video of the issue and theres gas? coming out of the carbs when i hit the throttle..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u14Z9MRbNg

Thanks!

is think he is going to be in the
    market for a switchback roller
    edge style body..... I got a
    new project in mind.

Member #
    please don't double post..... should lock your other one if it dead

This user has no status.

Member #
    sorry, can you help me out?

This user has no status.

Member #
    [quote=motermike93]
    My snowmobile is still bogging out after cleaning the carbs. I think its a lean bog and im not sure how to tune the carbs, any ideas? also heres the video of the issue and theres gas? coming out of the carbs when i hit the throttle..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u14Z9MRbNg

Thanks!
    [/quot

what type of snowmobile is it

is has a snowmobile in the back
    of his S10 blazer

Member #
    what have u tried so far. how bout the RAV valves? sounds to me kinda like ur timing is off. bad coil maybe.

This user has no status.

Member #
    With the amount of fog in that airbox, I'm going to add bad reeds, or whatever your engine uses to the list of stuff to check over.

This user has no status.

Member #
    it is a 1992 polaris indy trail deluxe 488cc. Ive cleaned both the carbs and reassembled it. I adjusted both air and fuel screws. It was working just fine, the bogging was at a minimum and at times not present at all. now it doesnt stay on for long, when it does and i hit the throttle, every time it makes the bogging sound. I tried adjusting the fuel and air screws and nothing. idk if i should take it in and have them tune it? or can anyone tell me the proper steps to tuning the carbs correctly? any other ideas to what could be the issue? also, can anyone tell me where i can find the owners manual for this sled?

Not sure how the clean the rave valves or where they are located. This is my first sled and i am now to snowmobiling.
    thanks for the support!

This user has no status.

Member #
    also just noticed that in the fuel line leading to the fuel filter, there are air bubbles. could this be adding to the problem?

Smokey Okee
    is glad its snowing but not so
    glad cause i don't have a sled
    :/

Member #
    air bubbles in your fuel lines is never good. that could be a cuase of your bogging. air in the fuel lines always causes problems

This user has no status.

Member #
    there are these hoses that come off the tank and other parts, im assuming they are for air? they are really thin, anyways they are cracked. I am going to replace them and all of the fuel lines and get a new fuel filter. Could it be the fuel pump? another thing, my other sled also has bubbles in the lines, doesnt idle for some reason but it will stay on as long as i pump the throttle. any suggestions or ideas?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links