Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Tunnel protector installation

This is a discussion on Tunnel protector installation within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; hey guys!! Its been a while for sure, I need some help here. As we all know polaris instructions really stink!! I am at at ...

Thread: Tunnel protector installation

This user has no status.

Member #
    hey guys!!

Its been a while for sure, I need some help here. As we all know polaris instructions really stink!! I am at at stand still on installing tunnel protecters on my 2010 switchback. I have them sliped on about 3/4 of the way but what the heck am I supposed to do with the extra bolt that goes thru the side of the protecter?? Is this a stop for the tunnel protecters? or does this go on flush to the brackets and you drill thru and bolt?? I dont think thats the ticket because those are the heat exchangers I believe. Plus they have you double up one end with another section thats about 14 inchs long does this go towards the sno flap or does that end go in first?? I am confused.

Thanks for any help

Weight transfer

This user has no status.

Member #
    every time i put somthing together i have a bag of leftover nuts and bolts so dont feel bad lol

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 800mtnmod
    every time i put somthing together i have a bag of leftover nuts and bolts so dont feel bad lol
    true but looking for direction here................

WT

is Yeah two belts in one weekend,
    nothing like ridng a cat lol

Member #
    I'm pretty sure they press against the heat exchangers to stop the protectors from moving. That's my guess.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire087
    I'm pretty sure they press against the heat exchangers to stop the protectors from moving. That's my guess.
    I think you are correct I did that last night as a sample fit and it looks like thats how its designed.

WT

This user has no status.

Member #
    well thanks for everyones help looks like I am the only one that cannot figure out these dam tunnel protecters from polaris!!

WT

Turbo Rider
    is heading west next
    sunday...FINALLY

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by weight transfer
    hey guys!!

Its been a while for sure, I need some help here. As we all know polaris instructions really stink!! I am at at stand still on installing tunnel protecters on my 2010 switchback. I have them sliped on about 3/4 of the way but what the heck am I supposed to do with the extra bolt that goes thru the side of the protecter?? Is this a stop for the tunnel protecters? or does this go on flush to the brackets and you drill thru and bolt?? I dont think thats the ticket because those are the heat exchangers I believe. Plus they have you double up one end with another section thats about 14 inchs long does this go towards the sno flap or does that end go in first?? I am confused.

Thanks for any help

Weight transfer
    bought em for my 06 fst switchback a long time ago because i had studs ready to go on it... then i thought wow i really do not wanna stud a 144" track. but looking at their directions it seemed complicated.. i would of had to drill the rivets out for my ECU and take that off the tunnel, cut out a template, hopefully you drill all the holes in the right spot, and rivet them in there. not a whole lot of room for error.

i wish i could tell you what goes where but im sure im just as stuck as you at this point

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmxican
    Quote Originally Posted by weight transfer
    hey guys!!

Thanks for any help

Weight transfer
    bought em for my 06 fst switchback a long time ago because i had studs ready to go on it... then i thought wow i really do not wanna stud a 144" track. but looking at their directions it seemed complicated.. i would of had to drill the rivets out for my ECU and take that off the tunnel, cut out a template, hopefully you drill all the holes in the right spot, and rivet them in there. not a whole lot of room for error.

i wish i could tell you what goes where but im sure im just as stuck as you at this point
    I think at this point I am calling the dealer and ask a couple of questions, I am not drilling a thing untill I hear from a polaris service tech!!
    Thanks

W.T.

Links