Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

509 vs Klim Helmets and Goggles

This is a discussion on 509 vs Klim Helmets and Goggles within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Looking to get a new helmet and goggles. I've been looking online and like what I've read from both Klim and 509. Was hoping someone ...

Thread: 509 vs Klim Helmets and Goggles

This user has no status.

Member #
    Looking to get a new helmet and goggles. I've been looking online and like what I've read from both Klim and 509.

Was hoping someone with some experience using these products could let me know how they like them, as well as how they fit compared to other helmets like HJC.

Thanks for the help.

is Waiting for snow!

Member #
    I have a new 509 helmet with their aviator goggles and I love them! I've ridden on cold and warm days and in heavy snowfall and the goggles never fog! The helmet itself is perfect! I bought it off their website without ever trying it on I just used their size chart and it fits perfectly! The pads remove and go back in very easily and the googles fit in the opening perfectly! They were also offering a deal if you bought the helmet and goggles together both were at a discounted price! I think theirs a pic of both in my gallery! And ill try to post up a pic here but not sure if I can off my phone!

This user has no status.

Member #
    I use 509 Sinister goggles. I think it's the skull camo style. They work great and wouldn't hesitate buying another pair.

BOTTLE FED
    is WOW! been awhile since I've
    been on here!

Member #
    I have no experience with their helmets but there googles are second to none. I have their sinisters and I absolutly love them. My only complaint is when changing out lenses its difficult to get it all snaped in properly. Other than that I love them.

is Praying for snow

Member #
    I'm not a huge fan of the klim MX helmet which i assume youre talking about since you also need goggles. My buddy just got a klim MX helmet and compared to my hjc it doesn't come down near as far in the jaw area. Not a huge deal but i don't really like it

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have the 509 helmet and sinister goggles love them. The goggles fit down in the helmet awasome with next to nothing for an air gap around them. The goggles do like to fog up along the top at slow speeds (0-15mph) when I'm wareing my Balaclavas. But if I just ware my neck warmer they don't bother.
    I also agree with Dekk70 the lenses are kind of tricky to get snaped back in.
    I got 2 buddies that have the klim helmets and 509 sinister goggles one doesn't care much for the goggles says they always fog up when he is riding slow and realy working at throwing the sled around.
    They other one says they do fog up on him once in a while. But not bad. At least I never heard him complain like my other buddy. As far as the klim helmets go I never heard them complain about them. They look like a good helmet.

is Yeah two belts in one weekend,
    nothing like ridng a cat lol

Member #
    Just an FYI before you run out and buy a 509 helmet, they are the same helmet as a afx17. Im pretty impressed with my 509's so far.

BOTTLE FED
    is WOW! been awhile since I've
    been on here!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgy84
    I have the 509 helmet and sinister goggles love them. The goggles fit down in the helmet awasome with next to nothing for an air gap around them. The goggles do like to fog up along the top at slow speeds (0-15mph) when I'm wareing my Balaclavas. But if I just ware my neck warmer they don't bother.
    I got 2 buddies that have the klim helmets and 509 sinister goggles one doesn't care much for the goggles says they always fog up when he is riding slow and [highlight=yellow]realy working at throwing the sled around.[/highlight=yellow]
    They other one says they do fog up on him once in a while. But not bad. At least I never heard him complain like my other buddy. As far as the klim helmets go I never heard them complain about them. They look like a good helmet.
    I take mine off when i stop.

Heavy breathing will fog any goggle out there. If your really worried about it 509 now makes a little fan that turns on when it gets humid in the goggle and evacuates the moisture. looks pretty slick.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks for all the advice guys. It's appreciated.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekk70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgy84
    I got 2 buddies that have the klim helmets and 509 sinister goggles one doesn't care much for the goggles says they always fog up when he is riding slow and [highlight=yellow]realy working at throwing the sled around.[/highlight=yellow]
    I take mine off when i stop.

Heavy breathing will fog any goggle out there. If your really worried about it 509 now makes a little fan that turns on when it gets humid in the goggle and evacuates the moisture. looks pretty slick.
    actually they discountiuned them because they did not work.

Links