More news on quebec trail closure.
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

More news on quebec trail closure.

This is a discussion on More news on quebec trail closure. within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; First off, I'm happy, it's snowing, the trails are great around here, that's all that matters. The news is the quebec goverment has put a ...

Thread: More news on quebec trail closure.

This user has no status.

Member #
    First off, I'm happy, it's snowing, the trails are great around here, that's all that matters.

The news is the quebec goverment has put a stop on future lawsuits regarding snomobile trails, at least until 2006, time to resovle land use issues and implement proper sound laws.
    The trail in this topic (pic below)http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/fo...TOPIC_ID=20119 will still be closed and the goverment will assist the clubs with the settlement.
    Here is a link to the news post.http://www.canada.com/montreal/montr...1-543a3dd5cf0f
    I loved this comment in regards to the article, idiot
    "Name: Robert
    Bravo to any Government intrepid enough to at least attempt to curb snowmobiles - between the noise they cause and the terror they instil in wildlife they truly are unwelcome inventions! "

I found my new sig!

[attachment=2011]

Attached Images Attached Images  

cnc
    This user has no status.

Member #
    I know Wildlife has instiled terror in me before now, but how does this guy know for sure how panic stricken animals get from the passing of smowmobiles? Has he done many interviews with them? I encounter lots of deer around my place and often they are using the trails to avoid the deep snow in the bush. Some just trot off and others run several yards and then stop to watch you go by. I was happy to hear that the goverment has stepped in to help calm the waters. By the way Rix 77 where abouts are you, it sounds like you are from the area. I'm in Montreal, but have a cottage In Montcalm (Weir) and snowmobile out of there almost evey weekend so I was using the 325 often.

Super Moderator
    is Probably Banning Another Damn
    Phone Sales Spammer Right Now

Member #
    This is more of the same type of stuff that I've been posting about. It happens on both sides of the border and is equally wrong on both sides.
    It is good that the law suites will stop until 06, but what happens then and how will this turn out for you guys? Do you have any groups up there that are fighting to keep these trails and areas open? I certainly hope so.

cnc
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Who knows what will happen, but yes we do have the fcmq which is the federation of snowmobile clubs of Quebec. They have and will continue to be a major player in this dispute. Also it doesn't hurt that one of the major 4 manufacturers has from the begining been based in Quebec. I'm sure that there will be pressure on the Quebec goverment from that angle as well.

is new email.
    james55033@yahoo.com

Member #
    We have the same tree hugger problems on this side of the border.For generations we've had trail access to many old railroad beds.The bicyclists and hikers decided we should pave these areas to make it better for them.Then they said that snowmobiles with studs were wrecking "their" black topped trails. So they put a tax on sleds with studs,but we still can't ride on the black topped trails!???Don't give up!We can't give in to BIG government!

This user has no status.

Member #
    I don't think it was the tree huggers who got this trail closed. It was the people living beside the trail who were complaining about the noise.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hey cnc I'm in ottawa, have a cottage in Val-des-Bois on the 43 ride up to mont-laurier most of the time.
    I don't really use that part of trail, usually go trough the parc tremblant from Labelle.

cnc
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Rix77 maybe we'll run in to each other some time (figuratively speaking). We usually come down 43 in your direction and then shoot up 319 or 323 3 or 4 times a season.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links