Anti - Snowmobilers? Landmines and Piano Wire?
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Anti - Snowmobilers? Landmines and Piano Wire?

This is a discussion on Anti - Snowmobilers? Landmines and Piano Wire? within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; I thought the previous post titled "What were up against" was bad. Take a look at these posts I found today, I was really taken ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anti - Snowmobilers? Landmines and Piano Wire?

This user has no status.

Member #
    I thought the previous post titled "What were up against" was bad. Take a look at these posts I found today, I was really taken back by the quote from the Pastor? talk about EVIL!!! [}]

http://www.woodworking.com/dcforum/DCForumID14/655.html

Fortunatly I have only had minor problems with people building up snow banks to keep snowmobilers out. In fact one guy who built it in his ditch was forced to tear it down by the police because it caused the sleds to swing out into the roadway to get around his property. We all need to be more respectful of private property and even in a ditch when riding near peoples homes - I concider the ditch part of my lawn as well and do not want it looking like a mud hole in the spring and summer when the rest of the lawn is looking good. Its unbelievable to hear people talking about stringing up piano wire and placing land mines wether it is a joke or not.

This user has no status.

Member #
    It's amazing that there are people out there who would endanger someone's life just to keep an atv or sled away from their property. In some cases I know there are people who do trespass and cause damage, but most times their just cruaing the ditches and i find it's the people who block off driveways (ditches) that are a really the ones breaking the law.

My brother never really did to much sledding but was big on the dirt bike scene....a neighbour of ours decided to plant a role of old rusty barb wire in a ditch that you couldn't see....my brother ended up in it pretty fast tearing his legs up pretty good...needless to say my father had a "talk" with this neighbour and we never had anymore probs.

Best thing to do is avoid places like this and if you can't report them to the authorities!

Super Moderator
    is Probably Banning Another Damn
    Phone Sales Spammer Right Now

Member #
    That is like what the Sierra club (the enemy) used to do to the loggers in Oregon some years ago. The 1970s if I remember right.
    They went after them using nothing short of terrorist tactics.
    A few (2 or 3) loggers got dead in the process.

Nasty deal, but hey. These people are trying to preserve things. Ya right.

This user has no status.

Member #
    i like the piano wire deal my friend lost his nose and his family made a million off the people who put the wire up because they never said it was thier property and the snowmobile trail went right through there and they dont mark them well around here

is new email.
    james55033@yahoo.com

Member #
    We had a problem this year with the trail markings around Isabella Mn. The club would put up there trail sign's, and the next day they were gone! They also had some destruction to the trail's like tree's cut down to block them and 4X4 truck tracks tearing them up!I think this shows ignorance,not hatred.These people who do this kinda stuff don't realize that they are only hurting their own community.How do you think the "Mom and Pop" bars,motel's and restaraunt's can stay open in the off season.They need snowmobilers to boost the local economy.

This user has no status.

Member #
    i fell off my sled today just playing around and my sled took out a sign for a brigde(sp) but i dont think i have ever seen anyone use the brigde

is new email.
    james55033@yahoo.com

Member #
    Originally posted by jzarwell
    [br]I thought the previous post titled "What were up against" was bad. Take a look at these posts I found today, I was really taken back by the quote from the Pastor? talk about EVIL!!! [}]

http://www.woodworking.com/dcforum/DCForumID14/655.html What a BUNCH OF F*CKIN' SCUMBAGS[!][!][!][!][!]!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fortunatly I have only had minor problems with people building up snow banks to keep snowmobilers out. In fact one guy who built it in his ditch was forced to tear it down by the police because it caused the sleds to swing out into the roadway to get around his property. We all need to be more respectful of private property and even in a ditch when riding near peoples homes - I concider the ditch part of my lawn as well and do not want it looking like a mud hole in the spring and summer when the rest of the lawn is looking good. Its unbelievable to hear people talking about stringing up piano wire and placing land mines wether it is a joke or not.

is gearing up for sledding this
    weekend

Member #
    Some one put up fishing line on one of our trails here, i was following behind my buddy who had his little brother with him. The fishing line hit his brother's helmet then caught my buddy in the face. Ripped him off his sled, then the sled coasted into a tree. If it had not been for his brother's head it would have caught him on the neck[xx(] When we went to the cops they said it is leagal to ride there and they came and got castings of the foot prints, so if it happened agian they could figure out if it was the same jerk.

This user has no status.

Member #
    people do smoething like that to sabatoge PWC's, they tie beer cans and fishing line all together and leave them floating in the lake, I even saw a guy bragging about it on a message board for sail boats once, just goes to show there are @$%^^ers all over the place that have something against fun. If you don't want someone on your property, call the police!

This user has no status.

Member #
    I am now embarassed to be a woodworker and hobbiest. I just put a simple sign around my small trees, not one snowmobile has been through there in 3 years, first year was a mess, but I didn't have it posted. 99% of snowmobile enthusiasts are respectful people, ever broke down, takes just one guy to happen by and lend a hand. I personally haven't broke down on the trail yet, but I have helped plenty of folks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links