Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Getting a 1991 Formula Mach 1 617cc

This is a discussion on Getting a 1991 Formula Mach 1 617cc within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; I am getting one of these sleds and just wanted to know if these sleds are relibale and fast. This guy with the sled wants ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Getting a 1991 Formula Mach 1 617cc

is @ 300 miles for the season and
    looking for more!!!

Member #
    I am getting one of these sleds and just wanted to know if these sleds are relibale and fast. This guy with the sled wants to get red of it, he is only selling it for 300 dollars. There is nothing wrong with the sled.This sled is black with red lettering and with the black windshield another thing is it is bored 30 over. I know I have some bad spelling sorry for that lol. Thanks, Steve

F-15 Crew Chief
    This user has no status.

Member #
    THREE-HUNDRED!?!?!?!?!?!?

MAN, WHAT I WOULDN'T GIVE!!!

I love mine...never had any problems but normal wear items. VERY HEAVY sled. It WILL NOT break any trails what-so-ever. It'll stock give you and honest 90-95mph...depending on conditions, etc. suspension is decent for it's age, and with good carbides and a proper set-up will dig HARD into the corners (weight helps here).

If it's anything like mine (and it should be), it has many little quarks and light squeels when driven (go fast then hit the brake HARD, then let-up--that's an interesting sound), but I've come to love it, and the sounds.

It's a very COLD ride, usually. Hands stay fine because of the windshied shape, but the neck takes the beating well--had to start wearing a scarf when I first got it!

I've had one for 14 years now, and "he" has never let me down. Best of luck to you!

This user has no status.

Member #
    I had a few Formula plus sled and the old 93 Mach 670. The Mach is a great sled and the 617 was a good running motor. I never heard of big issues with it motor wise. Sled has a good amount of speed for its age. Seems to be a bit heavy and tippy on tight corners. Sled has to be kept up really good though. These sleds seem to puke or fall apart if you dont keep up with maintenance. I ran my sled a good 6000 hard miles with out ever touching the motor or anything else. Very reliable from my expericence. The only issue I had with these is never trust the gas gauge on this sled. It seemed to die on every sled I had and then start working again once I got back to the trailer. Seem to see alot of these sleds around and parts seem easy to find.

looking for more!!!

Member #
    Yea 300 is a give away but with the twin pipes with that do anyting? I kinda want it loud but I dunno lol.
    Waiting for that BEAUTIFUL WHITE STUFF!!!

Sledaholic
    is is hoping for a ride tomorrow

Member #
    I had a 617 bored to a 640. She was real fast. Had her reading a touch over 100mph before she killed the piston.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have had both the mach 1 xtc and the formula plus, they are great sleds. The mach with the 617 is a good runner I've never had any problems with it. I just sold the motor out of mine but I still have the rest of it so if you need any parts let me know.

looking for more!!!

Member #
    ^^^ I will PM you later.^^^

looking for more!!!

Member #
    we would have to send the parts that the only way I can get it. I need the electical stuff like lights speedo and so on...

This user has no status.

Member #
    i got a 92 mach 1 617 and i love it....its not exactly a sled for jumping, but because its low to the ground its hard to flip, now im used to gettin into a turn and gunnin the throttle the whole way through and then i did that with my dad's 02 mxz...he wasnt too happy

wally
    is wally

Member #
    if you don't like the low slung windshield replace it ,like RotaxRage say's she's a cold ride ,that's why I bought a taller windshield for mine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links