Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Polaris Ultra SPX vs Polaris Ultra - to buy or no?

This is a discussion on Polaris Ultra SPX vs Polaris Ultra - to buy or no? within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; One thing no one mentioned... Welcome to the forum! Have fun keep it clean and post away. If you ever have problems with your sled ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Polaris Ultra SPX vs Polaris Ultra - to buy or no?

This user has no status.

Member #
    One thing no one mentioned... Welcome to the forum! Have fun keep it clean and post away. If you ever have problems with your sled ask here and you will almost always get an answer.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I'll re-examine the condition of the sleds. If I get the Ultra I'm going to stud it like 90 down the middle, I think. I'm not sure what that would cost. What's the longevity of these things? Is 2000 vs 4000 miles a significant difference? (worth $700?)

Thanks for the welcome! I hope to get some good knowledge out of here!
    2000 SXR 700
    2006 RS Venture

This user has no status.

Member #
    I would find the stud pattern for 144 down the middle of the track. It has some double backer's in it. My buddy swears by this pattern. I have gone through 2 tracks on my Ultra. Both were torn on outside edges. The Ultra does have some power and 90 some stud's aren't enough. My sled has 6000 miles on it, Hotrod said his has 10000. The better care you take care of them, the better off you'll be.

Runner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links