Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Snowboarding boots vs. Snowmobile boots???

This is a discussion on Snowboarding boots vs. Snowmobile boots??? within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Looking at different snowmobile boots I noticed a lot of them look like snowboarding boots. What are the differences??? I have a pair of snowboarding ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Snowboarding boots vs. Snowmobile boots???

This user has no status.

Member #
    Looking at different snowmobile boots I noticed a lot of them look like snowboarding boots. What are the differences??? I have a pair of snowboarding boots but they aren't very comfortable. I'm 99% sure I'll buy a pair of snowmobile boots like HJC or Baffin. Just curious what the differences between the two are.

Thanks,
    Pete

This user has no status.

Member #
    I've been wearing snowboard boats for 3 years now--Great support , waterproof , comfortable , and compact...Not that great for walking but not bad..I like em..Also , I haven't tried any of the new snowmobile boots on the market so hard to compare..

I have two speeds "walk" and "kill"
    This user has no status.

Member #
    When you but a snowmobile specific boot, more than likely it already is model of snowboarding boot. I encountered this w/ HMK spacificaly, the first year they had boots I was in the market. I was lookink at their boots on a website, later that day I happened to be looking through a snowboarding catalog and there they were. Same boot and just different labels. The HMK boot was $180 and the HEELSIDE version was on sale for $59, so I say go snowboard all the way you can get them dirt cheap and the work well.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Its gonna be my first year wearing them. I bought a set of HMK highmark 2's off of ebay for $100 bucks, not to bad in my opinion.

This user has no status.

Member #
    most snowboard boots lean forward, where the snowmachine boots are more straight up....at least the ones I have been looking at[]

This user has no status.

Member #
    just go with the gum rubbers, haha its a maine thing

This user has no status.

Member #
    i use a pair of snowmobile boots. never thought that snowboardering boots were to comfortbale.

Super Moderator
    is Meatball CYI

Member #
    True snowboard boots have hooks that will rip your seat..HMKs are like snowboard boots without the hooks,they take some getting use to but I like them..

Powder Hound
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Originally posted by RMK-KING
    [br]True snowboard boots have hooks that will rip your seat..HMKs are like snowboard boots without the hooks,they take some getting use to but I like them..
    Not picking on you RMK, but I hear so many people say this. I have been snowboarding long before I was snowmobiling (13th season boarding) and have gone through many a pair of boots. All the ones I have had and have seen all have the hooks on the top part of the boot, last 3 to 4 eyes. Unless you tuck your pants into your boots(honestly, who does that?) your not going to catch your boots on the seat, I have 7 season to atest(sp?) on that. Also people who keep saying the boots are uncomfortable...buy a good pair and try those. Also with the forward lean to the boots, isn't all the new fangled technology with sleds going to rider forward? Well hey now your half way there with only a pair of boots!! I'm not trying to say one is better than the other, just trying to clear up some common stereo types that I think are false.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Originally posted by RMK-KING
    [br]True snowboard boots have hooks that will rip your seat..HMKs are like snowboard boots without the hooks,they take some getting use to but I like them..
    I got a pair of HMK's last year. I really didn't like them at first but after a few rides of breaking them in an getting used to them...now I love them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links