Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Electric face shield wiring...

This is a discussion on Electric face shield wiring... within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; So I bought a electric face shield for my helmet off Ebay... it was supposed to come with the wiring... it didn't. I contacted the ...

Thread: Electric face shield wiring...

PX
    COME TO THE DARKSIDE... we have cookies!
    is picking up the new track for
    the Vmax tomorrow afternoon

Member #
    So I bought a electric face shield for my helmet off Ebay... it was supposed to come with the wiring... it didn't. I contacted the dealership that ran the auction and they offered to just send me another shield and wiring. Which I thought was very cool.. But now I have this spare shield and I'd like to put together a wiring kit for it.. anyone know how to do this? Or maybe have just the wiring kit available? It's a electric shield for the zeus 508 helmet...

This user has no status.

Member #
    Is it an RCA looking hook up on the shield? It should be I have never seen anything else, but you never know. All you have to do is get an RCA female end for the sled (radio shack should be able to help you out with that). I bought a wall mount RCA, took it off the plate that it came on and mounted right on the instrument cluster on my Cat.

Then find your regulator on your sled, there should be two wires, perhaps 4 depending on your sled I don't know, just make sure you have a power (+) and a ground (-) that you are hooking into and make sure you hook into the correct side of the regulator. It will have wires coming from the engine (stator) and wires going out of the regulator to the sled. Tap into the tires going to the sled, it will be a regulated 12V coming from there and you will not have any problems with dimming lights when you have the shield on. There will be a ground and a power for the RCA, solder them to the wires from the regulator and you should be hooked up. Then just get a longer RCA to run from the helmet to the instrument cluster. When you need to use your shield, just plug it in for 12V. It should be easy, post back if you have anymore questions.

Spence

is is happy to see farmers
    almanac says cold and snowy

Member #
    If its the same as mine which i think it is it will be hard because it's got a wierd end on the shield side

PX

Member #
    ok.. the wiring kit came via UPS this morning.. so that was a nice surprise...

here is the voltage regulator I have on the sled (95 polaris storm)
    [attachment=15579]

I was curious if I could just splice into the hot wire on the key? Should I place a fuse on this as well?

If you haven't noticed, this is the first time I've owned an electric shield....lol

[]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This user has no status.

Member #
    Just test that you have 12V and it should be ok. I've never seen a voltage regulator with only one wire hook up. Should be at least 1, or 2 coming into that. I'm stumped. I would just go to any 12V source after seeing that regulator.

Spence

PX

Member #
    Well, I went to hook it up last night... and they sent me the wrong kit...lol...

This user has no status.

Member #
    I guess that doesn't just happen to me then, hope they can make it right for you.

Spence

Links