Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Pro X 440 liquid cooled or Sno Pro ZR 440?

This is a discussion on Pro X 440 liquid cooled or Sno Pro ZR 440? within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; which one should i get based on if they r worth the money? Edited by - propedder on 11 Dec 2001 20:48:51...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pro X 440 liquid cooled or Sno Pro ZR 440?

This user has no status.

Member #
    which one should i get based on if they r worth the money?

Edited by - propedder on 11 Dec 2001 20:48:51

Administrator
    is Freezing in MN

Member #
    Question: Why do you want to purchase a race model? If you are usin it for regular driving, I would consider a larger displacement machine, like a 600. They will have less problems and mmore power.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com
    Breaking free from the thoughts in my mind

SF Senior memeber LOL
    This user has no status.

Member #
    I think the Sno Pro is the better sled this year.
    But it Doo uses the technology they have for there Open sled with the 440 man look out.
    Could be some fun watching the boys square off for bragging rights.

Member #2 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team

#1 Forum Troll
    This user has no status.

Member #
    You guess which sled I would pick....hmmmmm got your answer? Good! [img]images/icon_smile_big.gif[/img] I do agree that the race sleds are not the best set up for just agressive trail riding.... one of the big twins or something would be much better. That is, unless you plan on racing.... Also the sno-pro is much harder to buy from a dealer if you are not a racer.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!
    I, for one, welcome our new four stroke overlords.

This user has no status.

Member #
    hmmm...........what prblems will i have with those models over others............i wanna go big and shyt and prolly race eveanatually so what do i do?

#1 Forum Troll
    This user has no status.

Member #
    I just looked at the topic of your post again.....fan liquid cooled? Which one? Big difference between the two!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!
    I, for one, welcome our new four stroke overlords.

This user has no status.

Member #
    i meant to say liquid cooled, NOT fan....

Administrator
    is Freezing in MN

Member #
    For one thing, race sleds are not proven and tested like the production sleds. They are modified to the limits by the factory, therefore they have a greater risk of engine failure. You can't modify them much more, I mean, they are 440's already pushing out 100 hp, they have no more in them, unless you turbo charge them and they use new components that haven't had time to be tested properly.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com
    Breaking free from the thoughts in my mind

This user has no status.

Member #
    so what do u reccommend? u really think the ZR 440 is gonna seize up or fail when riding on a daily basis? if so what sled should i go with for freestyle and soon racing??? i wont be buying for 6-11 months.....

Administrator
    This user has no status.

Member #
    With a race sled, you are welcoming problems, you have to enjoy messing with all settings, all the time, they are extremely finicky. I speak from experience, I am riding a race sled on the trails now, and constantly messing with clutching, jetting, gearing, you name it.

I don't mind, because I like doing it, although it gets expensive and sometimes can be a large pain in the ass.

Like Erick said, a race 440 is putting out close to 100 hp, and that's a lot of power out of not many cc's.

No, a race sled will not seize up and fail if you ride it daily, but it will cost more money in maintenence and you have to keep it in good running order, if you have it jetted for warm temperatures, and the temp drops way down, and you just want to go ride and not bother changing jets, it is very likely that you will blow it up.

Those are risks you take with a race sled though, but those 440s when in tune are very very jumpy fun machines, they are really light and soak up bumps and are fun to throw around.

I recommend if you like messing around, go for a race sled, if you would rather just hop on and drive, go consumer, XC 500, XC 600, XC 700, ZR 500, ZR 600, whatever you decide, nowadays they are all pumping out major power anyway.

Those are my thoughts.

"Might Be Crazy But I Ain't Dumb" - Cooter
    Every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. That means every day you see me, that's the worst day of my life.

My history of vehicles:

1980 Yamaha Enticer 250 | 1990 Arctic Cat Jag AFS 440 | 1994 Polaris Indy 440 | 1996 Polaris XCR 440 SP | 1998 Polaris XCR 440 SP | 2003 Polaris Pro-X 600 | 2006 Polaris Fusion 600 HO | 2008 Polaris
    Dragon 600 HO CFI | 2007 Polaris Switchback 600 HO CFI | 2011 Polaris Pro-R Rush 800 | 2007 Polaris IQ FST

1986 F150 XLT Lariat 5.0L V8 | 1994 Ford Explorer XL | 2000 F150 XLT 4.6 V8 | 2004 F150 Lariat 5.4 V8 | 2010 F150 Lariat 5.4 V8 | 2011 F150 Lariat 3.5L V6 EcoBoost | 2013 F150 Lariat 3.5L V6 EcoBoost | 2014 F250 Lariat 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links