Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

SNO PRO 440 TO 600 SWAP - UPDATED

This is a discussion on SNO PRO 440 TO 600 SWAP - UPDATED within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Alright ladies and gents I picked up a 600 motor and almost everything needed to make it run, which includes.... Motor Wiring Powervalves Exhaust ECU ...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SNO PRO 440 TO 600 SWAP - UPDATED

Every good pioneer in every sport breaks sh!t.
    is wants to go back to Michigan,
    no snow here in NY

Member #
    Alright ladies and gents I picked up a 600 motor and almost everything needed to make it run, which includes....

Motor
    Wiring
    Powervalves
    Exhaust
    ECU
    Voltage regulater
    fuel pump
    throttle bodies
    sensors
    ETC

I also got all the parts needed to use a Firecat or in my case 04 Sno Pro track, this will also allow me to run firecat gearing and chains...

Driveshaft
    Gears
    Chains
    jackshaft, or polaris something gear.

There are MANY MANY ways to do this project differently, but I am going to document, what I believe is the easier set up. The Firecat motors are direct bolt ins the the Sno Pro chassie, but thats about the only easy part. Quinlan has been a great help and I hope to further gather information from him and his sled as he has already had the swap done.

I am missing the ECU for this motor, but as far as I can tell I have everything else. I think that its going to be a sweet project, but a challenge as well.

I bought an 05 600 EFI motor, and have it layed out on a bench to check it and mock up all the wiring...

OK so now I have some questions. I am not sure on where much of the plumbing on this motor does or goes, so maybe someone can help me out.

Where does that hose that is wrapped in the plastic guard, coming from the water pump go, do, and connect to??

Where does this Y line that comes out of the cases right after the reeds, go, do and connect to??

Where does this line that comes out of the cooling rack, go, do or connect to??

What does that line that connects the two throttle bodies on the bottom connect to and what does it do??

Ok I have MOST of the wiring figured out and hooked up, but I am wondering about 2 little pieces. First off, I believe that this blue piece is the sensor that goes into the air box?.?.? Is there only 1 of them and does it connect to the main harness, right before the ECU??

Also these two connections look like the ones for a pipe sensor?.?. The pipe does not have a tap for a sensor, so I am pressuming that I leave them unconnected, and that there is nothing for them to plug into??

Ok thank you in advance for the replys and the info, I am looking forward to doing this build and hope that you follow it on here. I want be able to start the build untill we get all the other sleds into storage and I get some room to work in my garage, but atleat I can get some of thid paliminary stuff done on the bench.

is hagin out

Member #
    hey sweet pics

rev rider
    is first year of college done
    finally

Member #
    r u selling the 440 motor and do u plan on doing any motor mods to the 600 like a pipe

is drag racin this summer

Member #
    Sweet project!!!! Some of those are coolant hoses the one in the 8th pic goes to the coolant resivior. And pretty sure the big hose goes into the front exchanger. Those def look like the pipe sensor connections and the air temp sensor. That y thing might just be air hoses like my 440 or more coolant hoses??? not sure its been awhile since i did mine. But Ill take a look for you. You also will need to drill your gas tank for the fuel pump.

Every good pioneer in every sport breaks sh!t.
    is wants to go back to Michigan,
    no snow here in NY

Member #
    Yes the 440 motor is for sale. I am not sure about the mods, I just want to get it in the sled adn running before I worry about that.

AC that line in the third pic goes all the way back to the resivore as like a boil over line?? I got to get in touch with Seth over at Creation Composites and see what I can do as far as mounting my pump goes.

I was going to go over to the AC shop to look at an 06 leftover and see what that is looking like, but I was still recouvering from the prom today!!!

is looking for a black split
    headlight bezel for a zx
    chassis ski-doo

Member #
    our prom was lastnight also. i hope you get that stuff figured out

Chronic
    is thinks this winter will blow
    If there is no dough

Member #
    dude thats a sweet heating lamp u have mounted on her. iv got one on my snake cage, how much HP does that badboy add?

Super Moderator
    is sick of the furniture store
    calling me to come back. All I
    wanted was one night stand...

Member #
    Man you have bad timing, Will...lol. I was home this past weekend and could have told you where everything went! But, alas, I won't be home for another 2 weeks now...

Looks like an interesting project...should be well worth it though.

Are you thinking of running the Firecat gauge at all? If you do, you'll have to post how you mounted it. I think I'm just going with a Digatron for mine, but that's mainly because I can't find a place to mount the stocker to make it look decent...

is finally hit his first ramp.

Member #
    I think that the line wrapped in plastic is a pulse line that runs from the fuel pump. I don't know for sure but that's what it looks like to me.
    600's are fun in race chassis'
    Attachment 141129Attachment 141114
    Attachment 141133Attachment 136697

B.S. MILITIA
    is didnt finish the VTB2B ride
    b/c he wrecked his dads sled
    on a piece of concrete under
    the snow

Member #
    yeah pretty much gonna be a sweet project 4 me you and casey

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links