Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Kill Switch Wiring

This is a discussion on Kill Switch Wiring within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; I am going to wire in a kill switch (toggle switch) to hide on my sled, to make it harder to steal, does anybody know ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kill Switch Wiring

is 6 hours to Ottawa, horse
    races, then drive home....long
    day lol

Member #
    I am going to wire in a kill switch (toggle switch) to hide on my sled, to make it harder to steal, does anybody know how to do this, so the teather switch, key, and kill switch on the handle bar still work, diagrams, or pictures would really be appreciated.

Administrator
    This user has no status.

Member #
    You could splice a switch into the tether circuit, IMO that would be easiest.

day lol

Member #
    I wen't and got a switch, on the back it say's 12 volt battery on one terminal, and individual circuit on the other, haven't looked at the sled yet, but how many wires should the tether switch have, and which terminal goes to which wire.

This user has no status.

Member #
    it also depends on what sled its going onto, such as closed or open circuit, I would wire it in parallel with the ignition switch, thats what I did with mine.

day lol

Member #
    So just go one terminal to one wire, and the other terminal to the other wire, and this wont effect the tether switch right.

Once Banned - Now VIP
    This user has no status.

Member #
    I would probly go with splicing the toggle switch into the positive wire running to the kill switch, IMO it would be harder for a person to figure out why its not starting since if they saw a tether switch they'd probly pull the wires to the switch unless they had a cord.

day lol

Member #
    So what colour wire would be positive for that, red right, it's on my 1996 ZRT 600, so what you guy's mean is run the positive wire in one side of the switch, and out the other right, I just checked, I think I will need to take the airbox off, which is a pain, so does anybody know where the wire runs so I can find it somewhere else, and hook it up there.

Once Banned - Now VIP
    This user has no status.

Member #
    it should just run down your steering post, find it there and cut it, add more wire onto where you cut it and run your own wires to the desired spot for your switch.

This user has no status.

Member #
    It should be wired in series with your ignition or kill switch, wiring it in paralell defeats the purpose.You want the sled to start only when the igniton/kill AND your anti-theft switch are closed.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hey ZRT, on your kill switch you have three wires, brown, brown/red, brown/white. What you should do is spice in the extra switch into the brown/red wire (series). The brown/red wire can be found at your key switch as well, which may be easier to work with. So take the brn/rd wire off the switch and put on one side of your new switch, then add a new wire from the other side of your new switch and connect to where the brn/rd wire was on the switch before you started. This should work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links