Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Polaris 900 Fusion

This is a discussion on Polaris 900 Fusion within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; So I think I've found my next new sled, 2005 Polaris Fusion 900. Its the 50th anniversary edition and pretty nice looking. I'm just wondering ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Polaris 900 Fusion

is hoping for snow

Member #
    So I think I've found my next new sled, 2005 Polaris Fusion 900. Its the 50th anniversary edition and pretty nice looking. I'm just wondering about the 900's. I didn't necessarily want anything that big. Are these solid engines? Is there anything in particular I should have checked out before I buy it?

No longer riding a BRP machine
    is thinks the CYI and COI are
    abusing the rating system BIG
    TIME

Member #
    I've heard they rattle a lot and had a load of recalls. If I were you, I'd look for something more along the lines of a Fusion 600, or even ProX 600.

is Getting ready for winter

Member #
    once the recals are done and get some hot air vents the 900's are a nice machine.

is hoping for snow

Member #
    Do we know what the recalls are for? Engine troubles or suspension stuff? This one looks like it was well taken care of. Is there a website where you can plug in the VIN and see if they have been done like you can with cars? I really appreciate the input guys.. I'm a little nervous about spending this much $. [:I]

Administrator
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Unless you are really into the mechanics of sleds and tinkering with them, I'd steer clear of the Polaris 900's. The recalls were for a lot of things. The '05 was the introduction of the IQ chassis, so naturally there were issues. They have heat issues and one guy I know had his blow up 3 times in less than 1000 miles. Never knew why then the sled was stolen, so who knows...

Either way, I had an '06 Fusion 600 HO, rock solid machine that was. Plus the 600 doesn't vibrate your teeth loose.

Jesus Freak
    is 05 800 RMK has arrived.

Member #
    Dealer or private sale?

This user has no status.

Member #
    The 900 Fusion's had Chain Case issue's, and also had Engine issue's from the factory.

is is ready for summer to go
    bye-bye!!!

Member #
    Id pass on a Fusion 900. They vibrate a lot and are known for breaking motor mounts and blowing belts frequently. Switching to the Mitsuboshi belt did help with the blowing belts issue, but that belt costs $150.
    Id pass on both a 700 and 900 Fusion. Both had the issues that I mentioned.
    Try to find a Fusion 600 HO. Those are great sleds and dont have anywhere near as many issues as the 700/900 did.

Sledaholic
    is is hoping for a ride tomorrow

Member #
    I agree with everyone. Unless you like to tinker and spend money making it work the way it should then you should stay away from 05-06 Polaris 900/700. They are real strong if they run right, but I wouldnt want to be 50 miles away from home on one.

is picked up an 05 f7 SP
    yesterday. Pumped!

Member #
    brp4life you are an idiot. If you don't know than shut the hell up. You have never ridden one but have just "heard" from other people. You think that your new 800 isn't going to vibrate at all? I bet it's very similar to the 900.

Everybody knocks the 700/900 fusions and most have never even ridden one but "heard they vibrate" and have alot of recalls. Yea, they had their recalls just like every dam sled out there. The rev xp had nearly as many if not more and nobody is knocking that machine![confused]

I had a fusion 755, loved it to the very end. Vibration is not an issue unless you are a sally. Vibrates to 1600 rpms then you never feel it again. I had belt issues, easily fixed by putting vents in like the slp air vent kit for the clutch side and I bought an ultimax xs. Zero problems from there on out. These are torque monsters, you grab the gas and it wants to rip your arms out of your sockets. Check out the polaris sub forum in the topic fusion owners. You will get alot of good info over there with some real knowledge about these sleds.
    here is the link. http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/90912/display.aspx

The 05 wasn't as good as the 06, more recalls but in 06 most of the kinks were fixed. 05 fusion's reputation ruined the 06. Many 05's had motor mount issues because of the torque. There's fixes to all of these things. If you can get the vin number just take it to the dealer and they can check it for you.[thumb]

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links