young guys two
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

young guys two

This is a discussion on young guys two within the General forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; i know that ive asked this before, but now there is a lot more young teens on this forum. i really am interested to know ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: young guys two

Youngen
    This user has no status.

Member #
    i know that ive asked this before, but now there is a lot more young teens on this forum. i really am interested to know what all of you older guys think of the teens. what do you think when you see them on the trails? what do u think when they pass u? (LOL)

when i'm out there, a lot of guys dont know im a kid until i take my helmet off. i ride hard, real hard. my dad and his buddies, along w/ my uncles are hardcore trail riders, and i can keep up w/ them pretty damn good. i'm definetly not one of those kind of kids who blocks the trail, half the time im one of the guys lightin them up!!! lemmee know what ya think!

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!!

Administrator
    This user has no status.

Member #
    I hate the damn teens all over the trail, they are dangerous and don't know what they are doing, therefore they are hazards. They shouldn't be allowed on sleds, plus their wreckless driving is what is getting snowmobiles banned.

[img]images/icon_ninja.gif[/img]

Just kidding, I myself am only 18, and I think that the younger you get into the sport, the better you will be at it. So if you have kids, get them a 120 or get them riding somehow. Keep the sport alive!

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.
    Every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. That means every day you see me, that's the worst day of my life.

My history of vehicles:

1980 Yamaha Enticer 250 | 1990 Arctic Cat Jag AFS 440 | 1994 Polaris Indy 440 | 1996 Polaris XCR 440 SP | 1998 Polaris XCR 440 SP | 2003 Polaris Pro-X 600 | 2006 Polaris Fusion 600 HO | 2008 Polaris
    Dragon 600 HO CFI | 2007 Polaris Switchback 600 HO CFI | 2011 Polaris Pro-R Rush 800 | 2007 Polaris IQ FST | 2015 Polaris Axys Pro-S Rush 800

1986 F150 XLT Lariat 5.0L V8 | 1994 Ford Explorer XL | 2000 F150 XLT 4.6 V8 | 2004 F150 Lariat 5.4 V8 | 2010 F150 Lariat 5.4 V8 | 2011 F150 Lariat 3.5L V6 EcoBoost | 2013 F150 Lariat 3.5L V6 EcoBoost | 2014 F250 Lariat 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel | 2016 F250 Lariat 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

This user has no status.

Member #
    GIVE the teens a BREAK this is why they become good ryders!, granted,no one wants to meet one on the trail. But everyone on this site was a teen at one point ,and half of the people on this site, Im sure were no better.
    IM well out of my teens , but this is my first year riding and im probably the WORST person to meet on the trail or otherwise because once you put that track under you its throttle throttle throttle!!!!! Age just gives you experience ,and the fear of that teen around the corner?

Youngen
    This user has no status.

Member #
    i try not to piss you older guys off on the trails, although i'm sure sometimes i do. i'm kind of a rare breed, i think that the sport was in my blood, it just took a few years to bring it out. the only thing i dont like about guys my age is the ones who say they ride, and brag and all that, and all they do is go around their yards. those ppl cant be considered real riders.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!!
    I may be young, but I ain't [too] dumb!!!

is has a partially collapsed
    lung.

Member #
    For a great christmas, I went riding yesterday. Being 18 myself, I am a teen...

I was parked in a park parking lot (park!). As I was getting the sled off the back of the pickup, two kids probably 13-14 went riding by into the walking trail, which had a big no-snowmobiles sign on it. They live in the area, but still.

Anyway, I saw the two again, and they wanted to race. It was pretty funny actually. They just wanted to see my sled go, they knew they didn't stand a chance.

My idle is set at about 900-1000rpm, so if I let it idle down, the lag is quite large while the engine spins up to clutch engagement. Probably 2/10ths of a seccond or more.

I let them say go, and they took off, and i floored it, and they were about 3-4 feet ahead of me, but as soon as the clutch engaged, it was all over. I shot like a rocket right past them, and continued on to hit the jump. I probably had about 50 feet or more on them by the time I let off to slow down for the jump.

Btw, the kids were on a 91 Polaris 340 fan cooled.
    I was on my 92 440 XCR (l/c)

Obviously, both of us knew it wasn't gonna even be remotely close.

-Dean

www.ripperd.com

Sir
    This user has no status.

Member #
    I am 16 and headed out for my first ride today. I may be Young but I am not dumb! I do ride pretty dangerous but I only do it when following my dad or uncle. They got a little more experience then I do so I go when they do.

This user has no status.

Member #
    91 polaris fan cooled? i got that.. cant find a track for it.. ask him about it for me.. i need a track

Duct tape much like the force... it has a light side, a dark side.... and it holds the world together!
    Duct tape much like the force... it has a light side, a dark side.... and it holds the world together!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Heck you guys must hate me, that is if you don't even like teens, I'm not even a teen! I'm 12, but I bet I ride alot harder and can highmark most of you , I've been driving since I was eight, and riding with my dad since I was 4. I have alot of experience on and off the trail, and I'm great on both. heck I'll get some clips for you guys if I get a capture card or find someone with one, because we got a digital video camera for christmas! It's awesome. I must say my beefed up 500 will go anywhere, I climbed a 7000 ft hill on it just yesterday! (christmas eve) OH yea, to the main question of this topic, I'd say yea, I don't mind the teens, it's the 10 year olds and younger that I don't like to meet on the Trail. Most of them anyways, you shouldn't take people down because of thier age, because I could outride most people on this board. You may think I'm full of crap, but meet me up on a ride in bone, Idaho, if you see a kid kickin butt on a 500 with a white all-round helmet, with let's see yellow coat and crap, lol that's me [img]images/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Edited by - SirRoxen on 25 Dec 2001 18:34:32

This user has no status.

Member #
    hey ok im an old old old man here at the ripe old age of 38, and i like riding with younger people, all this summer i rode dirtbikes a bunch of guys 17 and 18, we learned from each other, i showed and helped them with maintaince on their bikes and they kept me really riding hard cause they just dont get tired, so my riding improved, young people are the future of the sport ! hey lets all face it were all getting older and were also all a bunch of gearheads!!!
    if its not a CAT, then it must be a dog!

is Bored as hell

Member #
    i think its great that teens are into sleddin, keeps them away from all the other evils life seems to hand out, i think most teens should be a little more careful, ive always been told that you should respect your sled and others around you, cause if you dont- youll get hurt worse than your ride.

"I only wish you wern't my friend, then i could hurt you in the end, i never claimed to be a saint"-Slipknot

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links