Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

91 yamaha exciter 570 needmorehp

This is a discussion on 91 yamaha exciter 570 needmorehp within the Racing forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; hey guys im new here. i was wondering if anyone knew any set up for an old exciter for grass dragging. I have the motor ...

Thread: 91 yamaha exciter 570 needmorehp

This user has no status.

Member #
    hey guys im new here. i was wondering if anyone knew any set up for an old exciter for grass dragging. I have the motor ported and polished, head cut, y pipe cut, air box gutted, . This stuff made a difference on the time slips, but i need a bit more, without going overboard. If anyone knows of any hot setups for the old girl, i would appreciate hearing them
    thanks
    paul

This user has no status.

Member #
    Do you have an ExciterII or an Exciter SX, the SX is a higher HP version.

You can look for an after market pipe or pipes. I noticed that you said you cut your Y-pipe, this makes me assume that you have the ExciterII and you shortened it.

I don't want to tell you things that you already know but did you jet for the warmer temps and gear down? I saw a nice improvement in ET on snow/ice when I geared down my Vmax-4, shaved 1 sec off 660. I went from 20/33 to 20/37.

I'm not too familiar with the Exciter but it may respond to raising the cylinders. It changes the port timing of the engine, Yamaha timing is usually pretty conservative, especially if your's isn't the SX. I guess it would also depend on your porting job, did you raise the exhaust or transfer ports?

If you want to get a membership to DynoTech they will have some old articles on the Exciter. Pipes, porting and possibly more.

http://www.dynotechresearch.com/techarticles.asp

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hey, i really appreciate your time. i will check out that site and see what i can find. I have not touched the timing, which i need to do. thanks man!!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Royal Distributing is clearing out DG Single Pipes for the ExciterII, they are under $300.00 (Canadian) and give a claimed 12hp. I doubt they actually give 12hp but you never know.

This user has no status.

Member #
    hey, thats cool man, i appreciate the message. have a good one eh!

Links