Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1996 Ski-doo Skandic 500 Fan Hard to Pull

This is a discussion on 1996 Ski-doo Skandic 500 Fan Hard to Pull within the The Performance Tuning Shop forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; I am having a really hard time pulling my starter on the Skandic. It does usually start after 2-3 pulls. What could it be? The ...

Thread: 1996 Ski-doo Skandic 500 Fan Hard to Pull

This user has no status.

Member #
    I am having a really hard time pulling my starter on the Skandic. It does usually start after 2-3 pulls. What could it be? The compression is each cylinder is 121 & 122psi. It's much harder to pull than my 2000 Formula Z.[?]

This user has no status.

Member #
    How long have you had your Skandic? I've got a 96 SLE (same engine)and its been a bitch since day one. Ski-Doo just used to small of a pully diameter in their recoil. Not any more.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I've owned it for 2 years and it has about 2500 miles, about 500 of mine. Any way to improve the pully diameter?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Call some wreckers and get an electric start

This user has no status.

Member #
    I also have a 1995 Skandic. I've noticed when it's cold outside (I'm assuming you leave it outside like I do) I have to pump more gas. Also have a XC 500, Skandic harder to pull, and like kevin, I had problem with the pull starter lately. I'll be looking for electric starter.

Links