Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Big problems with 2002 MXZ 500

This is a discussion on Big problems with 2002 MXZ 500 within the The Performance Tuning Shop forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Ok, some of you may of seen my topic about my brother crashing his 99 Formula Z 583. He sold that and got $1000 american ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Big problems with 2002 MXZ 500

This user has no status.

Member #
    Ok, some of you may of seen my topic about my brother crashing his 99 Formula Z 583. He sold that and got $1000 american for it. Well, he recently went to an auction and got a 2002 MXZ 500 with 350 miles on it for $3400 american. Immediately we started having problems. When we got the sled off the trailer the sled would bog down when hammered on from the start, and then run great, but now the sled barely goes 40 and sounds really sick. We took it out to our mechanic and he thought he would be able to figure it out, but he doesnt know either. He said he put new plugs in it, ran great out to the end of the field, turned around and became sick again. He took the fuel pump off his 2000 mxz 500 which runs great, and it didnt fix the problem. He took the motor apart further and found the pistons still have silicon on them from shipping. The airbox is also clean and the carbs have been cleaned. Please, this is a big problem and if you have any ideas, please tell.

P.S. Sled has was not ran in a long time until we bought it because it was smoking relaly bad when started up at the auction, and has now stopped.

is 6 hours to Ottawa, horse
    races, then drive home....long
    day lol

Member #
    What do the plugs look like when you take them out, check the carbs again, and the oil pump setting.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I know it only has a few miles but check the fuel filter and the tank vent lines.

This user has no status.

Member #
    heading out to the sled today, see what we can get done, thanks for the replys

Red Rocket Fast
    This user has no status.

Member #
    good deal on that Z

This user has no status.

Member #
    Jokester886, which auction did you buy it at? I hope not White****. I don't want to say the name as they sell alot of junk there. I had a friend buy two sleds there, one blew the crank seal 1 week later, the other blew a piston 2 weeks later. Hope your not in that situation. As far as help, have you done a compression test? Where did it come out at??

This user has no status.

Member #
    Well it was so cheap because the thing doesn't run. We took the gas tank off and checked for kinked lines, nothing. We tested the stater for any electrical problems, everything was in the right voltage range. We even heated it up to see if that would throw the numbers out of wack, but didnt. The last thing we can think of is the "brain", the black box next to the air box, is bad. We are going to get another one to test it out and see if thats it. This sled only seems to be bogging down after it gets warmed up.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Originally posted by ZRT600
    [br]What do the plugs look like when you take them out, check the carbs again, and the oil pump setting.
    gray

This user has no status.

Member #
    Originally posted by zackattack
    [br]I know it only has a few miles but check the fuel filter and the tank vent lines.
    Well when it stalls, you can start it right back up one pull, so there is gas getting to it. It has to be electrical

This user has no status.

Member #
    Now i'm very intrigued.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links