Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

xcr suspension?

This is a discussion on xcr suspension? within the The Performance Tuning Shop forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows how to adjust the front track shock on a 95 xcr 600. I just picked it up ...

Thread: xcr suspension?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows how to adjust the front track shock
    on a 95 xcr 600. I just picked it up without a manual and I'm not sure if it can be adjusted by hand or if you need a spanner.

Forum Fire Chief
    is taking state of iowa
    firefighter 2

Member #
    i guess we need a little more info here, by adjusting, what are you trying to accomplish, or i should say, what are you looking to get out of it, is there a problem,etc. just need some more info as to why you want this done

1993 xlt sp 580
    xtra 10 suspension
    "I only wish you wern't my friend, then i could hurt you in the end, i never claimed to be a saint"-Slipknot

This user has no status.

Member #
    I need to adjust the pre-load. It's too stiff in the front of the track

This user has no status.

Member #
    I used to have a 96 xcr 600 and you can adjust the front track shock by rotating the spring left or right for more preload. However, somebody stole my sled and i later found it, but they stole the rear suspension and left the machine in a field. Anyway, insurance paid for a new rear suspension, and they put in a used one off of a 97 xcr 600, so it might be a bit different. Mine had threaded adjustable Fox gas shocks and as i mentioned, you just turn the spring like a giant nut and bolt. If the shock is not threaded, then you probably have a "cam" setup where you just rotate the ring-shaped aluminum tensioner up or down among the pegs on the shock body. It may require a special hook-shaped tool or a wrench to turn. I hope i didn't confuse you. good luck!

Let it snow!

http://foto.apollo.lv/files/harcix/original/9890.jpg
    1998 XCR 440

Forum Fire Chief
    is taking state of iowa
    firefighter 2

Member #
    some of those shock springs , you have to remove the shock, put a spring compressor on it and remove the snapring, chances are your shocks are not threaded type, at least the ones on the 96 xcr suspension on my 93 xlt are not. but after removeing the snap-ring, there is a big black piece(spring block) you move it up or down on the shock body, then replace the snap ring.

1993 xlt sp 580
    xtra 10 suspension
    "I only wish you wern't my friend, then i could hurt you in the end, i never claimed to be a saint"-Slipknot

This user has no status.

Member #
    What type of shock do you have?
    I have FOX in mine.

Administrator
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Like Megaman said, you can tighten or loosen the spring over the shock by just turning it, if it's threaded. If that doesn't help enough, you can take the shock off and get it re-valved to be stiffer.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.
    Every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. That means every day you see me, that's the worst day of my life.

My history of vehicles:

1980 Yamaha Enticer 250 | 1990 Arctic Cat Jag AFS 440 | 1994 Polaris Indy 440 | 1996 Polaris XCR 440 SP | 1998 Polaris XCR 440 SP | 2003 Polaris Pro-X 600 | 2006 Polaris Fusion 600 HO | 2008 Polaris
    Dragon 600 HO CFI | 2007 Polaris Switchback 600 HO CFI | 2011 Polaris Pro-R Rush 800 | 2007 Polaris IQ FST

1986 F150 XLT Lariat 5.0L V8 | 1994 Ford Explorer XL | 2000 F150 XLT 4.6 V8 | 2004 F150 Lariat 5.4 V8 | 2010 F150 Lariat 5.4 V8 | 2011 F150 Lariat 3.5L V6 EcoBoost | 2013 F150 Lariat 3.5L V6 EcoBoost | 2014 F250 Lariat 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Proud Canadian
    This user has no status.

Member #
    My 96 Possesed Ultra has fox shocks standard and they are the type xltman spoke of.

Forum Fire Chief
    is taking state of iowa
    firefighter 2

Member #
    my xlt has fox on it, and so did the xcr i took parts from, niether of which were the "threaded" type, so you have to remove the snap-ring to move the springs

1993 xlt sp 580
    xtra 10 suspension

Links