Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1996 Vmax 600

This is a discussion on 1996 Vmax 600 within the The Performance Tuning Shop forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; I am looking to rejet my carbs for peak fuel economy. Any suggestions?...

Thread: 1996 Vmax 600

This user has no status.

Member #
    I am looking to rejet my carbs for peak fuel economy. Any suggestions?

This user has no status.

Member #

Typically you reget for peak performance, but essentially one implies the other. That being said, jetting depends on altitude and temperature.

You're best to let your engine tell you what the optimum jets are. So you need to be able to read the signs - spark plug colour and piston wash. You are usually safe to jet down one size from OEM spec, and can then refine from there if needed, as they put in some safety margin, but be sure to read your plugs etc.

Perhaps you can get some first hand info on folks with the same sled as you...

This user has no status.

Member #
    i'm guessing your sled runs and you're just trying to get better economy. If you're in the 12 range, i'd be happy[] If the plugs are a nice tan color, there's not much you can do in the carbs for better mileage. I can post a jetting chart if that helps you. Like the other post says, make sure you watch your plugs if any changes are made. Depending on how you ride, the clutch set up can be changed. For example using less throttle to go the same speed while cruising the trails will increase the mileage.
    Just my 2 cents.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Yamaha offered a jetting update back in the mid 90's. This update to enhance fuel economy consisted of new main jets and needle jet changes. Optimum fuel mileage for that sled was 8-10 mpg at best(gas pig).Check with your local Yamaha dealer for the updated jetting specs.Think Snow

ZXR
    This user has no status.

Member #
    If its running good and getting close to 10 mpgleave it alone you can buy alot of gas for the price of a new motor. Not to mention possibly missingpart of a very short riding season. My buddy. experienced this last year. 35 miles from trailer[:0][:0]

ZXR
    This user has no status.

Member #
    What elevation you ride at and temps . Ihave a manual for this sled. What jets and needle position are you running now.RANDY

Links