Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Ski-doo 1992 Mach 1

This is a discussion on Ski-doo 1992 Mach 1 within the The Performance Tuning Shop forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Hi, I just bought this sled from a friend (this is my 1st one) its in great condition and i plan to keep it that ...

Thread: Ski-doo 1992 Mach 1

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hi, I just bought this sled from a friend (this is my 1st one) its in great condition and i plan to keep it that way...can anyone point me in the right direction for proper maintence on this...i was told every time you fill up put a quart of oil in..changed the spark plugs what else can i do? Also...any1 have any suggestions on how i can pull my sled into my garage without messing up my driveway!!![:0]
    Thanks
    Chris

This user has no status.

Member #
    For your driveway you can buy ski boots that slipe over the skies so that the skags don't drag acroos the ground.

Make sure the belt is in good condition, no burn marks or cracks. You really dont need to change the spark plugs every quart of oil. Just take them out and clean them.

All ways grease the zerk fittings. This is probably the most critical part because these things rust because of all the salt and dirt, and water thtat get up there.

Also give your hyfaxes a good lookig at(the long color thing at the bottom of the slide rail). Make sure they are not worn through.

Also if you have a fuel filter go ahead and change it out.

Well Chris I hope this sled brings you a lot of good years ahead of you and have fun snowmobiling.

This user has no status.

Member #
    One more thing gice your clutches a look at. make sure that the weights aren't worn out and the springs aren't broken.

F-15 Crew Chief
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Originally posted by afrider
    [br]

You really dont need to change the spark plugs every quart of oil. Just take them out and clean them.
    Agreed with all except above--taking out the plugs ruins their "one-time-seal". Leave the plugs in until they foul. Make sure to carry extra with you so that if they foul on the trail, or after a rest-stop away from home you can replace them with new plugs.

And enjoy--I ride the same sled, it's a lot of fun. []
    [limegreen]1992 Ski-Doo Formula Mach 1 617
    Wasilla, Alaska

The two keys in life are as follows:
    1) Never tell people everything you know
    2) .......[/limegreen]

[red]PROUD SUPPORTER OF U.S. AND ALLIED TROOPS[/red]

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks alot , nother question that wasnt answered do i add a quart of oil everytime i fill up the gas? This is what i was told im not sure thanks!!!
    Chris

This user has no status.

Member #
    Depends how the snowmobile uses oil. Just make sure that the oil never gets low, look at it when u fuel, and if it's below half, I would add, if it is still pretty high, it will be fine!

This user has no status.

Member #
    ran a 92 an 93 formula an plus x.. Just check the oil when u filler up with gas and make sure its above half and your good to go.. Make sure you grease all of the suspension where its needed and it will last a long time.. I ran my 92 into the ground, never greased the rear skid since 96 was one rough winter in 2002. Another thing i noticed was the seal on the gas tank..If you remove your seat and tank. its all once piece.. The tank will have a seal where the sending unit is.. You will have to take the seat cover off and seperate the tank from it. its a good summer thing to check.. The rubber seal or whatever you wanna call for somereason leaks sometimes.. I noticed on both my 92 and 93 the seat was wet like it rained on it.. i sat down once and the cover completely cracked. the seat and foam was soaked with gas..Its just a little round rubber ring that seals the tank after the gas sending unit is bolted on.. Make sure the seals good and the bolts are tight.. Or you will end up buying a new seat cover etc. Might not be the case with you.. but i no both my sleds for somereason needed new seals.. just my 2cents.. hope everything works out for ya and happy riding..

This user has no status.

Member #
    UH OH ,I was riding today for about 8 hours or so and right before i went home my belt flew off...good thing i had an extra one..but the belt was like completely shreded it was wierd it didnt fall off or anything...and during the process of the belt gettin shredded(didnt fall of or snap completely shredded) the speedometer wire got chopped in half which sux, but when i was riding home i smelled like burning rubber could it just be the new belt or could some alignment be off?Whats the deal?
    Thanks
    Chris

TXC
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Use OE belts when possible. Clean your clutch faces and check clutch alignment. Make sure every grease zirt on the sled has been greased. Make sure track is not too tight. The belt if not new could have been heated up and beginning to go when you bought the sled.

Links