Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

95 indy xlt sp 600 top speed???

This is a discussion on 95 indy xlt sp 600 top speed??? within the The Performance Tuning Shop forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; I recently purchased a [black][blue]95 indy xlt sp 600 [/blue][/black ]for a spare sled does anyone know what this sleds top speed should be give ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 95 indy xlt sp 600 top speed???

This user has no status.

Member #
    I recently purchased a [black][blue]95 indy xlt sp 600 [/blue][/black]for a spare sled does anyone know what this sleds top speed should be give or take? Only 1300 original miles, stock with studs I brought it out on Lake Sunapee in NH last weekend for a test run needles to say got smoked by my 04 xc700 like it was standing still of course but I only could get like 65-70 mph does anyone know if this sled is capable of more than that in good stock condition???????????? Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

is still trying to sell my old
    cover, cdi, wiring harness and
    tach...

Member #
    yea it should do around 90 true miles a hour, and maybe more depending on conditions. I know for sure though that any xlt can get more that 65-70 mph. somethings wrong if you can only get 70 mph and wot.

This user has no status.

Member #
    thanks for the input I had no idea what this sled was capable of I'll try a freash belt I thought it looked good but maybe not any other things I might check??

is just bought a 01 saab 9-3
    turbo for $500, down side 279k
    on the clock lol

Member #
    i have a 95 xlt special, with 2300 on it, and i can get about 90 on gps on a hard packed road. maybe clutch or belt problem.

is still trying to sell my old
    cover, cdi, wiring harness and
    tach...

Member #
    new belts will actually have less top end and much better bottom end while old belts will have much better top end and worse lower end. when you replace the belt, make sure u break it in and go easy on the throttle for the first 20-30 miles and then try your speed run again. if you get the same results, check your clutches. what are your rpms at at WOT and are your clutches fully shifting out?

This user has no status.

Member #
    I guess I'll have to check it at WOT.If this sled wasn't firing on all three would it be noticeable to someone who never rode this sled before??? Guys thanks for helping a rookie learn a little bit I guess I have some troubleshooting to do this weekend I love this sled and love the sleek look of this sled and want to get it running like a charm!!

THREE FOR ALL
    is ;left the sleds up north and
    we got 16" of snow down here!
    DAMMIT!!

Member #
    On the speedo you should be able to get 100mph. Polaris speedos are usually read 7-10% higher.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Had one perfect shap nice sled it would get up to 84 mph on radar on hard packed snow.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a 96 xlt sp. I had it up to 95 on the lake. My friend has a 93 xlt sp and he says he goes over a 100. He seems to get up to speed quicker. I think his is lighter than mine. He has a standard suspension and I have the x-tra 12. That might have something to do with it. who knows.

Double Triple
    This user has no status.

Member #
    The 95 XLT SP with the 12 / 12 is extremely touchy concerning the clutching. I have owned mine since new. The best it ever ran on radar was 100 but that was on a 5 day on ice. On average it would run 90 on radar. If the Drive clutch has the gold spring in it change it for a blue one. Check your suspension for anything that is not greased well and any wheels that might seized. There are 7 grease fittings in the rear suspension. Make sure your drive clutch has some in and out free play too. Especially low milage sleds are prone to things getting gummed up because of lack of use so I would take off the clutches if it was me and throughly check them out. The mono blocks respond very well to porting and polishing as well as shaving the heads for higher compression. And they are reliable as can be. Maybe change the needles and seats in the carbs too , they tend to have a leaking problem and can effect overall performance as well , allthough I never personally experienced that problem with my 95 .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links