Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Unhappy Wyotech Student

This is a discussion on Unhappy Wyotech Student within the Off Topic forums, part of the General Discussion category; Hey guys this isnít so much meant for the members of this forum (feel free to comment) but is meant more for people searching Wyotech ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unhappy Wyotech Student

is Where da snow?

Member #
    Hey guys this isnít so much meant for the members of this forum (feel free to comment) but is meant more for people searching Wyotech to find information on the school.

I am currently attending the diesel course at the Laramie WY campus and supposed to graduate the 24th of this month, and have had nothing but problems from the get go.
    B!tch #1- Months before I started the program in September of 2010 I sent in my housing contract and housing deposit ($150). After coming to Wyotech I found out that they had received my deposit but not my contract although I had sent the two together in the same envelope. I was livid but didnít get anywhere with management. They basically told me I was screwed and didnít have a place to live. I found a place to live no thanks to them.

B!tch #2- I had initially applied for diesel core and advanced diesel as my elective. My rep told me he couldnít get me into advanced because it was backed up for over a year. I said ok, it is what it is oh well so I picked a different elective. When I arrived to Wyotech I soon found out there was 15 people in the advanced class while there was over 60 people in the elective I ended up in. Wow I thought, these people are really on top of their game (not).

B!tch #3- Wyotech is supposedly all about professionalism but is not enforced. The truth of the matter is idiot kids with nowhere else to go is wyotechs bread and butter. Thatís what they thrive on, so they accommodate these idiots, meanwhile the students that are looking to actually learn something about the profession get screwed over and donít learn what I think they should learn.

B!tch #4- About a month ago I got called into the financial aid office to learn that I owed wyotech over $700 dollars. I didnít understand why and never got a solid answer why no matter who I talked to and how hard I tried to get to the bottom of it. Still not understanding why I owed this money they threatened to kick me out, so I paid the money to stay in. Iím not exactly made of money and I had a very hard time scraping the money together but I made it happen.

B!tch #5- After being told I owe this money and paying it a month ago I find out that I supposedly owe these crooks over $1300! I am once again absolutely livid! I once again cannot get an answer as to why I owe this money to these crooks. I absolutely refuse to pay this money and if they threaten to not let me graduate thatís ok with me. They can kiss my @$$. I donít care anymore.

I have been posting this in all the reviews for the place that I can find but cant post much because a limited amount of characters that I am allowed to post so that is why I am coming here. I just want anybody that is considering Wyotech to know what they are getting into. Just so everybody knows, the instructors are great and know there stuffÖ.the management is the biggest downfall of this school. I hope people read this and know the truth about this school. I just really needed to bitch and this was one of my outlets.
    So what Iím saying is $30,000 of my money was well wasted as far as Iím concerned[!][Disappointed][!][Disappointed]

is Sled is back together and
    running good again :)

Member #
    I have heard of some of the same. Somebody I know went there and almost didn't have a place to live too (at that same campus). I have heard of a bunch of other things with them, but will not get into it. Just thought I'd comment that I've heard the same from others.

The least they could've done is give you a statement on what the money was for, or what wasn't paid. Bunch of crap.

is Still no riding in for me yet
    this season.

Member #
    I would go to one of your instructors first. Maybe they can iron things out. If you can account for all the money paid then it should be a black and white issue. I'm assuming that these are lab fees that you were not made aware of? If that is not mentioned in your course description, then you should giv'em heck.

Good luck!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Wow, that's unreal! You would think they should at least be able to give you some sort of a statement itemizing what the payments are for. Hopefully you'll be able to get to the bottom of it so you can get your diploma. If not, they have no way of taking away from you the skills you've learned.

is Removed a Firecat fuel tank
    today.... just a little pain
    it was.

Member #
    I have a friend that is going to Wyotech hope he does okay after reading about your problems. I myself was considering Wyotech but decided the OTC diesel would be better for what I want to get into in the future.

is Where da snow?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TRICKPaint
    I would go to one of your instructors first. Maybe they can iron things out. If you can account for all the money paid then it should be a black and white issue. I'm assuming that these are lab fees that you were not made aware of? If that is not mentioned in your course description, then you should giv'em heck.

Good luck!
    There only explenation was that they where costs my loans couldnt cover although I was under the immpresion that I was all set. Im going to do everything I can and of course ive already started. The internet is a great thing and im sure I can loose them hundreds of thousands of dollars if I stay persistent. Thats deffinetely one way of going about it.

Quote Originally Posted by brian126
    Wow, that's unreal! You would think they should at least be able to give you some sort of a statement itemizing what the payments are for. Hopefully you'll be able to get to the bottom of it so you can get your diploma. If not, they have no way of taking away from you the skills you've learned.
    The thing is this place is a crash course of the field im going into. Although I've learned a lot ive only learned a fraction of what is out there. So after completing Wyotech(or any other tech school) you have two things: A basic knolwedge and a name on a resume. The name on the resume being the most important I think. Without the name you are S.O.L. So I say screw it, give them hell. The more I started searching about wyotech the more bad reviews I found. The place is starting to get a bad reputation so the name doesnt mean anything if the school has a bad reputation. Maybe im not out that much if I dont get my diploma?

This user has no status.

Member #
    ^^^
    What field are you going into?

is Where da snow?

Member #
    Diesel

is melted a cylinder down on the
    summit waterskipping but was a
    good day overall

Member #
    I had a friend go there also and said it was a big joke. If you plan on attending another school check out Hibbing community college. The diesel instructor there is the number one diesel instructor in the country I was told. Just a thought anyway. I know its not close to home but they have a great program there.

Super Moderator
    is Meatball CYI

Member #
    Wahpeton is another one worth checking out,a lot of the diesel mechanics in our area went to school there.
    http://www.ndscs.nodak.edu/academics/departments/diesel/options/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links