In 13 months I'm going back to W. Yellowstone
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on In 13 months I'm going back to W. Yellowstone within the Mountain Riding forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Wow, a lot has changed here. My last post was (gulp) 7 years ago? Good to see some of the old crew still around. So ...

Thread: In 13 months I'm going back to W. Yellowstone

is brused battered and smiling
    from ear to ear

Member #

Wow, a lot has changed here. My last post was (gulp) 7 years ago? Good to see some of the old crew still around.

So back to the topic at hand. I've got 3 of us (maybe more) headed to W. Yellowstone in early Feb 2018. I've had pictures from several of my trips out there to the snowmobile cap of the world on my office wall for all these years and stare at them daily. No one I work with gets it. The mountains never leave your soul once you've been there. Both my partners in crime have been on sleds before but neither of them have been in the mountains. I've got a year to get them primed and ready. Several come to Jesus talks about the white concrete will take place...of course.

We're headed out the week before the Winter Olympics. It would be nice to have more company. I know most viewers have their own sleds here but going out there and renting sleds/equipment is the way to go. Pay a small daily insurance fee and ride 'em like ya stole 'em just makes it easier. 3-4 days riding all over the place plus one day into the park (should be on everyone's bucket list if it already isn't).

That time of year is 99.99% sure to have deep snow, that's why the scheduling. Anyone else want to get in on the trip of a lifetime?
    Last edited by pierrelogic; 01-09-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Super Moderator
    is ND Meatball Crew

Member #
    There's a name I haven't seen in a while! A LOT has changed in recent years. Erick sold the site, which then got sold again. A lot of people have disappeared. Many of the ones that were still here had problems logging in after a mandatory password change due to a data breach, and never got back on. Pretty quiet here now...

At any rate...welcome back!

West Yellowstone is probably my favorite place to ride. The snow is usually decent, there's a variety of terrain conditions for everyone, and the hospitality/nightlife in town is great. I try to get out there annually; December marked 10 years of riding West for me. My buddies and I started out renting, then a couple guys bought mountain sleds, which led to an enclosed trailer, then nicer equipment, etc...

This slowly evolved until we all had new or next to new sleds and a nice rig to go with them. It's a damn addicting hobby...

Name:  GROUP 3.JPG
Views: 37
Size:  4.55 MB
    Name:  Rhino - Trails West.JPG
Views: 38
Size:  1.15 MB
    2011 Polaris RMK Assault 800 155"
    1998 Arctic Cat ZR 600 EFI "Custom"
    1996 Ski-Doo Formula III 600

A mountain lion roaming the prairie found a bull, killed it and ate the entire bull. With a heavy belly, unable to walk, the lion laid in the tall grass moaning and roaring. Soon a hunter, attracted by the roaring, shot and killed the lion.
    Moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Welcome back pierrelogic.

Holy $hit Quinlin....who's rig? That trailer is amazing. I would love to go out west and see real snow and more than just hills. Maybe one of these years....
    Polaris...it IS the way out!

Super Moderator
    is ND Meatball Crew

Member #
    One of the group mates. It has a new SuperDuty hooked to it for this year.

A mountain lion roaming the prairie found a bull, killed it and ate the entire bull. With a heavy belly, unable to walk, the lion laid in the tall grass moaning and roaring. Soon a hunter, attracted by the roaring, shot and killed the lion.

is brused battered and smiling
    from ear to ear

Member #
    I think I recognize that shot with the sleds and the mts in the background

But that is one bad @ss rig too. Looks like a diesel attached. Erick sold the site...wow, just wow. It was his pride-n-joy. I still wear the SF hat, most people just don't get it.

Yea, I had some issue with signing in 2 days ago and again today. Seems the forum is hermetically sealed together with the Facecrack page. Getting a redirect loop. No worries, I can always hack my way back in.

This may be my new sig....Where's TRICKpaint?
    Last edited by pierrelogic; 01-11-2017 at 10:56 PM.
    Nothing else matters when you're in the mountains, sucking up that thin air sitting on a sled and its so quiet it hurts your ears

Super Moderator
    is ND Meatball Crew

Member #
    My SF hats have long been worn out...

I don't think I've seen Rick (Trickpaint) on here for about a year.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links