Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

SummitX 670 jetting

This is a discussion on SummitX 670 jetting within the Mountain Riding forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Hi all, This might be covered someplace else, but I couldn't dig it up. I've got a '99 Summit X 670 and I'm heading out ...

Thread: SummitX 670 jetting

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hi all,

This might be covered someplace else, but I couldn't dig it up. I've got a '99 Summit X 670 and I'm heading out to Valemount/McBride BC in January and I'm wondering if I should consider re-jetting the carbs for the elevation or stick with the DPM? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Darcy

This user has no status.

Member #
    i've got a 98 and i have no problems with elevation at any of the riding areas i've been to. you should be fine.

This user has no status.

Member #
    If your sled has the stock carbration system on it then you should not have any problems because of the HAC (high altitude compenstator) which adjusts the fuel and air mixture at different altitudes[8D]

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have been wondering about jetting recently too. My friends are always tinkering with their jets. I have a 98 Summit X w/o DPM. Does my machine have any altitude compensators? It looks pretty basic except for a small aluminum manifold that clips to the airbox with hoses to the carbs. We basically ride from sea level to 4,000 feet throughout the season in Alaska. Upwards of 5,000 in April (ARCTIC MAN!!!)

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a 98 Summit X 670 and am wondering about jetting too. I'm in AK - when i go out to Eureka, i foul plugs on the right cylinder constantly. And bog out in deep powder constantly aswell. Elevation there starts at 3000 ft and only gets higher. My sled has DPM, any suggestions?

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a 98 Summit X 670 and am wondering about jetting too. I'm in AK - when i go out to Eureka, i foul plugs on the right cylinder constantly. And bog out in deep powder constantly aswell. Elevation there starts at 3000 ft and only gets higher. My sled has DPM, any suggestions?

This user has no status.

Member #
    670s with DPM do have baseline jetting specs. You can and should adjust for local conditions and sever elevations changes. As far as one cylinder fouling, there are different jets on the mag and pto sides. Pull the carbs and verify what you have.

Links