Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Dakine Helipro pack????

This is a discussion on Dakine Helipro pack???? within the Mountain Riding forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; I am looking at buying this pack to replace my old one. I have a few questions. where is the shovel holder. I like it ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dakine Helipro pack????

WY_rider just snochecked a 2010 M8 sno pro 153
    This user has no status.

Member #
    I am looking at buying this pack to replace my old one. I have a few questions. where is the shovel holder. I like it out of the zippered compartments and easy access. handle too. But the main question I have is how big is it. Does anyone have any pics of it on there backs? It looks like it is a fairly big/bulky pack. Can you tell if it is there?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hey WY Rider, I am using last years Heli Pro. It is an awsome pack with lots of room. I originally bought it for back country sking, but it has made its way into my sledding gear. I know what you mean about having the shovel blade out accessable. It goes in the first large zipped pocket which is quite accessable. The handle holder is a nice change from my previous pack where i had to have extra straps to hold it in place. If you buy one get it with the hydration system. I was riding last weekend and could get a drink without taking of my helmet. As far as bulk its actually more comfortable than any of my previous packs. The back is like a neoprene material that is comfortable and doesn't allow anything in your pack to poke through against your back. You can carry anything you need in there, gloves, goggles, emergency equipment, etc.

WY_rider just snochecked a 2010 M8 sno pro 153
    This user has no status.

Member #
    I have talked to people and the main thing I get is the shovel blade not being out for easy access. also the bulky part. Last year I had a small camel back pack. very small. I liked how small it was but I only used it for water a few safety items and some granola bars. I have a tunnel bag but would rather have all my stuff in a pack. But I like not having anything bulky to through around. hydration is a must its the only reason I have a pack, but its not insulated and freezes in like 10 mins.

this is how small my old pack is.
    sorry only pic I have of it.
    [attachment=22980]
    Attached Images Attached Images    

This user has no status.

Member #
    [galleryattach=14694][galleryattach=14695][galleryattach=14696]

Here you go WY this is last years heli pro. cool way the shovel handle works un clipping at the bottom. the key pouch with dakine on the lower belt had a clip for holding keys. hydro pac never freezes, tons of room. the new heli pro on Dakine.com is bigger they changed it mine would look more like the Heli. good pack soft on the back. check out dakine for other packs that might fit you better. Peace

I'm a new DADDY!!!
    is Well, my sled is toast, Forgot
    to hook up the oil injection
    lines to the carbs.

Member #
    Hey WY_rider, the helipro is an awesome pack, I don't use it for probes and shovels but I use mine for guns and ammo and it works beautifully. There are allot of compartments for all of the necessities. This is a very comfortable pack to wear on long hauls (I have done 500 miles with it on) and it has a very good hydration system going on, they fit a 3L camelback with no probs. I live in the Canadian Arctic (Near the North Pole) and the temps drop to -50c and my hydration pack has never frozen so that is a plus. Here are a couple of pics.
    Here is the front.
    [attachment=56788]
    Here it is with the hydration hose in the shoulder strap then out, just to show you how it is protected from the elements
    [attachment=56789][attachment=56790]

This user has no status.

Member #
    ^^^ Yep, I agree with them. I have pictures of mine on here somewhere, but they all look the same. Very comfortable, lots of room. The only problem I've found is that the hose from the hydration pack tends to freeze up when I run it though the shoulder strap. It may just be the brand that I have, or I'm doing something wrong. I just keep it coiled up inside the pack now and no more problems.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Check out survivalonsnow.com the rider series backpack is awesome probe and shovel handles have pockets so they dont get caught in the tree branches. Made for sledders.

Muskoka Madness
    This user has no status.

Member #
    I have the same pack..It is awesome...lots of room but it doensnt feel big at all. It can fit a very good sized shovel and all of your needed gear.It has a ton of adjustments you can to to it to make it fit perfectly. You wont be dissapointed. I will post a pic of it sometime and my shovel.

Cougar Hunter
    is is going to ND this
    weekend!!!!

Member #
    Hey WY,

I just got the pack this year for X Mas and absolutely love it!!! There is plenty of room in it and it is not bulky at all I do not think!! Like you said it is kind of a pain to have the zippered Shovel pouch but its not that big if a deal at all!! I thought the pack was fairly streamlined and well designed.

[attachment=53678]

DW

Its not turbo lag, its foreplay
    is is watchin some crusty demons

Member #
    Originally posted by 07Phazer
    [br]^^^ Yep, I agree with them. I have pictures of mine on here somewhere, but they all look the same. Very comfortable, lots of room. The only problem I've found is that the hose from the hydration pack tends to freeze up when I run it though the shoulder strap. It may just be the brand that I have, or I'm doing something wrong. I just keep it coiled up inside the pack now and no more problems.
    all you do to stop that is blow the water back down into the pack after drinking so there is no water in the hose and it won't freeze
    i ride where its steep n' deep :P
    06 apex mtn
    excell mtn lite exhaust, fox floats on the front, Timbersled lightweight drop brackets
    mtn mod seat, timbersled barkbuster front and mtn tamer rear suspensions,simmons gen 2 skis
    MMP freedom axle with (3) 9 in. blaze billet wheels,Gravity worx billet lefty throttle, Cr Racing 9" risers
    162 2.5 Camo Xtreme track
    YAMAHA BABY!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links