rabbit ear pass colorado
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

rabbit ear pass colorado

This is a discussion on rabbit ear pass colorado within the Mountain Riding forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; I cant wait, A buddy and I are heading to steamboat and we are going to ride the pass. Any one have any up to ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rabbit ear pass colorado

This user has no status.

Member #
    I cant wait, A buddy and I are heading to steamboat and we are going to ride the pass. Any one have any up to date info or requomendations on wich way to head? Also, do the snow conditions demand the use of avelanch beakon? Is there a lot fresh play areas to be found?

This user has no status.

Member #
    I take a trip out there every year, and I actually will be riding up there 3/22 - 3/24 before heading down to Summit County. The main parking lot (Muddy Creek) has some trails leading out of it that will take you to some meadows to play in. There is also trails that will take you back in to the trees to play in as well. I bring my kids up and have not ventured back too far to find other areas. Avy conditions are moderate as of last night. I am almost embarassed to say that I do not carry a beacon or probe, but I also do not put myself in that position - mostly stay in the meadows. If you plan on parking at Muddy Creek, get there early on the weekends as it gets very crowded. There are a couple of other lots and parking right off the road, just look for the trailers. Another area to ride there is Hahns Peak at Steamboat Lake. Steamboat Lake Outfitters has a rental/tour shop there.

Brad

is Look at my video of POW

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by srut700rmk
    I cant wait, A buddy and I are heading to steamboat and we are going to ride the pass. Any one have any up to date info or requomendations on wich way to head? Also, do the snow conditions demand the use of avelanch beakon? Is there a lot fresh play areas to be found?
    Ya I have been up there plenty of times and it is a killer place because of accessibility, but it can be wicked cold and deep. There is always need for the beacon and gear out here. The slopes are generally very nice fields, but you can run into some steeps and nice highmark hills, but always beware. If your planning to go you can find a map at http://www.yampavalley.info/recreation0017.asp

This user has no status.

Member #
    8" 0f fresh and 5 degrees this morning according to Bushmaster over at Snowest. I am on I-80 about 90 miles from the Wyoming border on my way there right now

This user has no status.

Member #

This user has no status.

Member #
    I made it out there. The jack #*! who said he would set us up with rentals, (Owner of Extreem Rentals in Denver.) Couldn't help me out once I got there. So I didn't make it to Rabbit Ears, However we did find Rocky Moutain Rentels who set use up out of SLO. It was sweet! The day we went out happend to be the same day we got 8" to 10" of fresh pow pow. That rocked. We went to the woods and found all sorts of hills to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by SmackZ
    Nice pic's man, that wasn't the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd was it. We drove through there on the 24th. and it all looked stomped on.

This user has no status.

Member #
    yep sure was, but man we are still getting snow, we got 6" yesterday!

is Where da snow?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SmackZ
    yep sure was, but man we are still getting snow, we got 6" yesterday!
    Us to! 1 to 2 feet expected tomorow!

This user has no status.

Member #
    yeah I seen that on the news, this week end we had great snow though, pulled some nice turns and now looks good for this week end too!You healed up yet?

Attachment 142446

is Where da snow?

Member #
    Im getting there, im good to ride again in june which works out great for me considering the fact that winter is long gone by then[Disappointed]. But the way im working 6 days a work(cuz I dont ride[Disappointed]) im going to have my new build done about half way through next winter I hope, Key words-I hope.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links