Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

2001 Arctic cat ZR 800

This is a discussion on 2001 Arctic cat ZR 800 within the Arctic Cat forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; What do you think of the 2001 arctic cat zr 800s? are they fast. are they good for trail riding. do they have good suspention. ...

Thread: 2001 Arctic cat ZR 800

This user has no status.

Member #
    What do you think of the 2001 arctic cat zr 800s? are they fast. are they good for trail riding. do they have good suspention. are they reliable? whats your opinion?

is Yeah two belts in one weekend,
    nothing like ridng a cat lol

Member #
    I can't comment about the 800's but I ride a zl on the same chassis and it's got an excellent ride.

2 stroke addict
    is wheres all the snow?

Member #
    my sled is on the same chassis as well and i love it. very stable and can fly pretty good. when setup right with good carbides they turn really well too.

i have ridden an 800 and its a monster compared to my 700. with the powervalves you get more power in the low end and in the top end. they are also very snappy.

just be careful with the track spin. too much and you WILL throw a stud through the heat exchanger.

mud
    This user has no status.

Member #
    I ride a 01 800 LE. Its a freaking rocket, and handles pretty good on the trails as well. With proper setup and a good rider it will run with the best of the new sleds on the trails, and then go out on the lake and play with the big guys in the drags.

With studs, a little bit of clutch work, and a D and D power breather I am right with most stock thunder cats in 660 feet although they have me on top end.

Compared to your phazer they will be absolutely insane. When I get off my zr and jump on my 90 phazer it feels like the sled is dragging a truck behind it. Just no comparison on the power at all. Suspencion and handling will be a night and day difference as well.

Links