Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Any problems with 03' Firecat, and 05' Sabercat

This is a discussion on Any problems with 03' Firecat, and 05' Sabercat within the Arctic Cat forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; I'm looking at getting an F5, under 2000 miles on it. Sled looks to be in absolutely perfect shape. Fires first or second pull all ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any problems with 03' Firecat, and 05' Sabercat

No longer riding a BRP machine
    is thinks the CYI and COI are
    abusing the rating system BIG
    TIME

Member #
    I'm looking at getting an F5, under 2000 miles on it. Sled looks to be in absolutely perfect shape. Fires first or second pull all the time. Never been taken apart or needed to be worked on, and regularly maintenced by Arctic Cat dealer.

Now, I've heard the the 03' F7's had some recalls ( like the rails and pistons ), did the F5 have these problems.

------

Second one is an 05' Sabercat 500. No doubt it's been beating, but everything is straight on the sled, the hood has a small crack in it, as well as the windshield and bumper, it has RIDE FX shocks, and the front shocks need to be rebuilt, but other than that, it runs and drives great. Anything to look at on this sled?

BTW, it's $1400. Not a spelling error, $1400

Ride it like you stole it!
    is trying to find his buddy a
    sled

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BRP-4-LIFE
    I'm looking at getting an F5, under 2000 miles on it. Sled looks to be in absolutely perfect shape. Fires first or second pull all the time. Never been taken apart or needed to be worked on, and regularly maintenced by Arctic Cat dealer.

Now, I've heard the the 03' F7's had some recalls ( like the rails and pistons ), did the F5 have these problems.

------

Second one is an 05' Sabercat 500. No doubt it's been beating, but everything is straight on the sled, the hood has a small crack in it, as well as the windshield and bumper, it has RIDE FX shocks, and the front shocks need to be rebuilt, but other than that, it runs and drives great. Anything to look at on this sled?

BTW, it's $1400. Not a spelling error, $1400
    i have a 03 f7 no problems with it yet besides the recoil, runs great starts on first second pull and hope the pistons are keeping up[xx(]

This user has no status.

Member #
    You know they are arctic cats right? Your screen name is BRP 4 life so it would sound as your a ski doo man for life..... I sure wouldnt settle for any AC then.

Sledaholic
    is is hoping for a ride tomorrow

Member #
    The Sabercat only has 80hp compared to the 105hp F5. Those F5s will give F7s a scare in 500ft. Dont worry about recalls since they are free. Just read the Firecat forum on HCS and youll find everything about them.

is This new interface is gonna
    take some gettin used to!

Member #
    get the F5, more HP and it has a better ride. If it has the solid red skis, have them replaced they can crack and split under UV exposure, check for the steering update (could cause loss of steering) and check for the Gas tank filler neck for it not to be cracked, it can cause a gas leak and could start a fire(this was solved by putting a sleve on the inside of the filler neck, only about 3$)

but got the F5, they will giv any sled a run for thier money in the accereration[thumb]

is has upgraded to an 09
    Crossfire R800

Member #
    The Sabercats were not meant to to be beated or thrown around like the Firecats. The Sabercats were built as a performance trail sled. Is it $1400 for the Sabercat, then there must be something wrong with it and the guy doesn't want to deal with it or it could be HOT.

Junior
    is is riding today

Member #
    my f5 runs solid since i got it and i believe no major recalls . that should be a good choice

Super Moderator
    is Listening to Lou Reed - Rock n
    Roll Animal - Sweet Jane.

Member #
    Unbelievable.

Waiting for more snow
    is The snow is here!

Member #
    how much do they want for the F5? Even if its $1000 more than the sabercat it is the better deal. The sabercat will need some engine work soon if it hasn't already been done

is Hey.

Member #
    You're sled life is like a reality tv show.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links