Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1997 Polaris XCR 600

This is a discussion on 1997 Polaris XCR 600 within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; Thanks for all the replies. The seller won't contact me back so I think I'm going to pass. Plus I found a few other interesting ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 1997 Polaris XCR 600

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks for all the replies. The seller won't contact me back so I think I'm going to pass. Plus I found a few other interesting ones for a better price....

98 Polaris Indy 440 - $850

This one has around 5,6xx not to many! Its got C and A skis there 6 1/2 inches wide, brand new track was put on before this winter, full bar setup with fly race bars 5 inch block riser and 3 inch angle riser. Throttle and brake extentions, low cut windshield, shorter seat, hood was painted Gloss Stealth Black about 3 years ago and i did all the painting and decals my self it looks great, mean looking sled!

The BAD- It does need one jackshaft bearing on the chaincase side, polaris said around $65 bucks for the bearing and there not hard to put in i put the track on my self and that took about an hour!

Overall the sled has always started by the third pull even on -30 degree days and has always ran like brand new. Any questions feel free to ask, please no low ballers, ive gotten messages having people offer me $150 bucks HA the track itself was $350!!! Im asking $850 or BEST OFFER Thanks

1995 SNOWMOBILE POLARIS INDY 500 UNDER 4000 MILES RUNS GOOD - $499

1995 SNOWMOBILE POLARIS INDY 500 UNDER 4000 MILES RUNS GOOD
    1995 POLARIS INDY 500 RUNS A LOT BETTER THAN IT LOOKS
    NEW DRIVE WHEELS AND SPRINGS HAS HAD THE CLUSTER REPLACED ACTUAL MILES ARE NOT AS CLUSTER READS

I definitely like the price on the second one, and I'm sure I could make it look decent! How much of a job is that jack shaft bearing? I'm sure its not as easy as he leads on. The cheaper one is lower miles too.

Any opinions on the Indy sleds? Which engines were best? Any good years to look for in my sub-$1K range? How are these body-styles versus the wedges?

Thanks again for all your help.

is Waiting...

Member #
    The 98 Indy 440 you might be disapointed with the power, if it was the XCR440 then we are talking. It is in amazing condition, but jackshaft bearing on the chaincase side isnt that bad. Doing that you will get to change the oil, look and see if the gears are good and about an hour is right. Do you do much of the work on your quad? Sled isnt any harder. Even though its setup and looks like you could jump a lot with it, it might not have the best suspension for jumping. Just my 2 cents

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by KRSS144
    The 98 Indy 440 you might be disapointed with the power, if it was the XCR440 then we are talking. It is in amazing condition, but jackshaft bearing on the chaincase side isnt that bad. Doing that you will get to change the oil, look and see if the gears are good and about an hour is right. Do you do much of the work on your quad? Sled isnt any harder. Even though its setup and looks like you could jump a lot with it, it might not have the best suspension for jumping. Just my 2 cents
    How about the 500? I could easily make it look sweet. And yeah I can fix stuff up pretty good. When I had my old '86 wheeler, I did a lot more wrenching. But since I got my new one this summer, I'm starting to miss the tinkering! So I don't want to a pile, but I don't mind having to tune a few things up.

So what's the scoop on efi vs carb? In the ATV world, EFI is the sh!t. My cousin said you want a carbureted sled, but he says a lot of things though. Is there any truth to that? IMO, electronics are easy, carbs are confusing. The Indy 500 is efi, correct?

How about the age difference between the two? Is that something to consider?

This user has no status.

Member #
    If you buy an EFI Polaris you will have problems. The plus is there are many helpful people on the net that are schooled on them, and willing to help. I wish they were around when I owned my RXL. One bad fuel filter can be major cash if you have to buy new. IMO your cousin is right this time.

This user has no status.

Member #
    So that Indy 500 is going to be efi, correct? Or is it an old enough model that it has a carb?

Waiting for more snow
    is The snow is here!

Member #
    Nah there were Indy EFIs all the way back to at least 1991, maybe earlier

BTW once you get your own sled, you will forget all about ATVing. The only time I can get snowmobiling off my mind is like may and june. My dirtbike if fun, and its a 2-stroke so that helps, but it just doesn't compare to snowmobiling

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by motodeficient
    Nah there were Indy EFIs all the way back to at least 1991, maybe earlier

BTW once you get your own sled, you will forget all about ATVing. The only time I can get snowmobiling off my mind is like may and june. My dirtbike if fun, and its a 2-stroke so that helps, but it just doesn't compare to snowmobiling
    Ok, gotcha. So, what should I look for in the sub $1k range? Someone said the XCR 440s are nice? I found this one:
    Polaris Indy XCR 440 - $750
    Up for sale is my 94 XCR 440. Only 3300 miles, freshly rebuilt carbs, starts and runs very well. Very fun trail sled, does very well for its age and size.

Looks pretty clean in my opinion. But 440 sounds so slow! [8D]

Oh and we'll just see about forgetting all about ATVing! I am excited to hopefully get into sledding though.

is Removed a Firecat fuel tank
    today.... just a little pain
    it was.

Member #
    I had 2 XCR 440's they are snot really that slow but try and buy the 97 and up models because they have xtra 10 but if u do buy a sled older than 97 from polaris try and find an xtra 10 skid with fox shocks u can have them valved for your riding style and xtra 10 is better than xtra 8

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Boondocker
    I had 2 XCR 440's they are snot really that slow but try and buy the 97 and up models because they have xtra 10 but if u do buy a sled older than 97 from polaris try and find an xtra 10 skid with fox shocks u can have them valved for your riding style and xtra 10 is better than xtra 8
    I've been hearing a lot about xtra-10. Is that a newer, vastly improved model of Polaris suspension? Seems like its a must have item.

Here's another nice one:

1989 Indy 500 - $500

This sled is very lite and fun to drive,Its very fast,nice and clean.It also has blue lights on the sides,and on the hood. Good looking sled. One little ouch on the front,just the bummper. Don't want to sell this one but have a bad back and can't drive it.This sled is a got to see!! Don't let this one go. This will go very fast .

Is the age something to be concerned about? They all look basically the same to me! I'm loving the looks of this one though.

This user has no status.

Member #
    ^^^that hanging front bumper looks impressive....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Links