Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1997 xlt touring reverse light

This is a discussion on 1997 xlt touring reverse light within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; quick question...i only had this sled for couple of weeks....tonight i was playin around, and noticed, that when i lifted the reverse handle, the light ...

Thread: 1997 xlt touring reverse light

This user has no status.

Member #
    quick question...i only had this sled for couple of weeks....tonight i was playin around, and noticed, that when i lifted the reverse handle, the light on the dashboard for the reverse did not come on..Im the worst mechanic in the world,so, what is the first to look for? is it usually just a bulb? what else is there to look for? i dont have any fancy equipment, if the bulb is good, where does that light go to? and im concerned if that light is not working, then maybe the coolant light(which is right next to it) is broken too...sled is in mint condition.....everything else seems to work....but the reverse light not coming on, and the temp light and acc light doesnt come on(which doesnt mean a thing at this point)....does the reverse light even supposed to come on? sorry about these dumb questions..thank you..

forgot to mention
    my battery is not hooked up, not sure if that has anything to do with that light, i doubt it does, but never know

Shake'n'Bake
    This user has no status.

Member #
    when my mom had her 98 touring with reverse no light cam on but im not sure about yours.if i was you i would change the bulb first then check my wires.also you should get a battery to make sure you cables for the battery arent shorting anything on the sled

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a 1999 XLT touring and my reverse light has never come on either. My only advice is to pull the bulb from behind the tach or spedo whichever one it is on and check it.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I believe if you look you will find that the indicator light on the dash has no wires running to it. It will never come on. I can't remember the wire and tracer color that should be there but it's not in the harness. I did some work to my buddies '97 and he mentioned the same thing. I traced the wiring and found no wires running to the light. There also is no switch anywhere to turn the light on, not in the handle bars or down at the chain case.

is early season permit ordered,
    enjoying thanksgiving weekend
    !

Member #
    I believe EarnhardtNorth is correct there usually isnt any wires going to that light.

This user has no status.

Member #
    seems like a very minor problem. if you need a small little display light to pop on in your gauges to tell you the sled is in reverse, i think you might have other things to worry about...

Links