Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

2009 800 CFI recall fix

This is a discussion on 2009 800 CFI recall fix within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; this is a post i found, is it true? i emailed polaris tonight The fix "08-09 IQ and switchback New cylinder head, new pistons (2 ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2009 800 CFI recall fix

zomg its fast...
    is planning my summer mods

Member #
    this is a post i found, is it true? i emailed polaris tonight

The fix

"08-09 IQ and switchback New cylinder head, new pistons (2 rings) and stronger, new silencer and a new fuel maping including new engine protection for detonation and overheating.

08-09 RMK New cylinder head, new pistons (2 rings) and stronger, new fuel maping including new engine protection for detonation and overheating.

The major problem was between 5000-6000 rpm, the temp of the exhaust was way to high. Problem between the exhaust port vs compression ratio. Polaris assure us that this 800 engine will be a pretty good engine after those upgrade.

The HP and performance will stay the same and I can confirm that a fresh rebuilt 800CFI was a killer. We saw pretty impressive MPH with a fresh rebuilt engine, but the problem was after 250 miles, those number were almost impossible to hit again.

They tested it on dyno and on the snow in Canada, USA, iceland etc with pretty good result. Those parts should be available in mid-august. Polaris want every sled to be ready to go when the snow fall.

The 800 dragon was a pretty fun sled to ride last winter. Suspension was awesome, handling etc. The engine was powerfull and I would say the best 800 ever built for performance. But the durability was not there... I believe that this problem is now a problem from the past. Those sled will be one of the best sled outhere after this recall.

Administrator
    is Freezing in MN

Member #
    This is the fix, though I don't know if it's an official recall yet or if they will be updating sleds only once/if they have problems.

Super Moderator
    is Blessed

Member #
    yes its correct, along with some exhaust spec's that must be followed. If you are a low alt. rmk owner you need to PURCHASE a low alt. can from Polaris in order to keep your warranty......IF you run any exhaust other than stock or SLP at high alt. this will also void your warranty! Polaris might as well purchse SLP!!!! Also states you can only run PO oil.

zomg its fast...

Member #
    I've gotten confirmation from my dealing this is the offical fix - they have recall kits on order and my sled should be done by the end of September I'll keep you posted

This user has no status.

Member #
    Parts are on order for mine. I have heard that Sept. 14 parts will be availible. Waiting for the call to bring mine in. There calling it the engine durability update.

xcrcaptain

zomg its fast...

Member #
    has polaris sent out anything in the mail yet?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Not yet but i've talked to my dealer and he said he will call when the parts are in...

This user has no status.

Member #
    HERE'S A LINK CONTAINING MORE NEWS ABOUT THE 2009 800 CFI recall fix[]

http://cs.amsnow.com/snocs/blogs/news/2009/09/01/polaris-600-cfi-changes-and-800-service-bulletin.aspx

zomg its fast...

Member #
    sweet nice work

is think he is going to be in the
    market for a switchback roller
    edge style body..... I got a
    new project in mind.

Member #
    Yea it's true, I was told the same thing from a local dealer when I was looking into a 09 800 sp. He told me about the issue and the recalls so I decided to wait a year to get the sled.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links