Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

2003 polaris xcr 800

This is a discussion on 2003 polaris xcr 800 within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; I recently bought a 2003 Polaris xcr 800 with 1070 miles on it. It has slp pipes, high compression heads, and the guy put a ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2003 polaris xcr 800

This user has no status.

Member #
    I recently bought a 2003 Polaris xcr 800 with 1070 miles on it. It has slp pipes, high compression heads, and the guy put a different helix and bigger spring in the clutch. I was wondering what I could do to make it louder cause i love loud exhaust lol and anything else i could do to it? And any other info on this sled cause i love this sled lol

Shake'n'Bake
    This user has no status.

Member #
    lol you just said the wrong thing on this site like 15 people will now jump in and say loud sleds get trails closed, and we dont even know where your riding.anyways arent the slp pipes already loud?

This user has no status.

Member #
    haha not in saskatchewan and there actually pretty quiet

This user has no status.

Member #
    first of all, a stock xcr 800 is one of the fastest sleds polaris ever made, if not, it is the fastest. and with th upgrades it has on it, that thing has to fly!
    second, loud pipes give our sport a bad rep. if you want to have loud pipes, do snocross, watercross, or grass/ice drags. thats about the only place where loud pipes are tolerated

This user has no status.

Member #
    I bet MBRP or Sno Stuff makes something for that sled but it might not be compatible with the slp pipes. You could always gut the silencer you have now.

is .

Member #
    What do you mean by "not in Saskatewan"?? Are you trying to say that pipes are not loud in Saskatewan? That people do not care if snowmobiles are obnoxiously loud in Saskatewan? Please explain.

is is waiting for fucking snow

Member #
    dyno port cans sound pretty nasty makes ur sled sound so much better but ive heard u lose 2or3 hp over stock

XCR 800
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tbuck69
    I recently bought a 2003 Polaris xcr 800 with 1070 miles on it. It has slp pipes, high compression heads, and the guy put a different helix and bigger spring in the clutch. I was wondering what I could do to make it louder cause i love loud exhaust lol and anything else i could do to it? And any other info on this sled cause i love this sled lol
    Cool...I just got a 2001 xcr 800 this month, mine is stock.

What I have found out is our sleds need updated carb slides.They come stock with green slides and need to be updated to black slides.

They also break motor mounts, so a torque arm is required (I have one coming from SLP)

I also enjoy loud pipes on everything I have,trucks,bike,car must be a SK thing [thumb]

Rider of sleds
    is Hasn't been on here in awhile.

Member #
    Well in my area loud cans don't matter so don't say "loud cans get all our trails closed", but in some areas they do so just know your area's rules before you buy.

is in need of feet of snow

Member #
    you shouldn't need anything else with all of those mods already on the sled. also, there aren't any pipes out there that will be louder than what you already have. just different tone and pitch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links