Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Voltage Regulator Problems!

17K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  whitexc 
#1 ·
I just intsalled a new aftermarket voltage regulator on my 99 xc 700 sp. After a little while of riding, i noticed that all my blubs had blown, and my hand grips were really hot! Any ideas on what happend? All the Bulbs on the sled blew!

#3 ·
No doubt i would raise H311 with who ever you bought that from. I'd want not only my regulator replaced but every bulb in the sled. Bad regulator for sure. I've had really good luck with the one's out of sledding magazine's; shade tree, spankys, performance engineering etc.

#4 ·
I have not had any luck with aftermarket VRs either. But in my case when it went bad it blew my bulbs. the Aftermarket just didn't work period. I wasted alot of time and $ before getting an OEM regulator.

#8 ·
I agree with the guys above aftermarket ones are not as good as Polaris ones. However if the regulator is not making good contact to ground or the plug to the yellow is loose the regulator will not be able to keep the voltage down. Make sure you have good connections to all wires and also clean contact to chassis ground.

#11 ·
I just had the same problem with a VR i bought from Dennis kirk. Blew EVERY light on the sled. Bought new bulbs and went to polaris for the VR to get an OEM one. Guess what....same frickin thing i got from DK. and i paid 58 bucks for it, could have got from DK for 20 something. Parts guy said when they order them, this is what comes up as a replacement for the OEM number.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.