Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1992 Indy 440 Reverse Kit.

This is a discussion on 1992 Indy 440 Reverse Kit. within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; Hi Someone is interested in buying a Reverse kit off a 1992 Polaris Indy 440 I am parting out. I'm looking for tips anyone might ...

Thread: 1992 Indy 440 Reverse Kit.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hi Someone is interested in buying a Reverse kit off a 1992 Polaris Indy 440 I am parting out.

I'm looking for tips anyone might have on the easiest most efficient way off taking everything off while keeping it somewhat organized for the buyer to install.

Also what exactly should I send? Do I need to send everything between the chain case cover, including the large mounting plate it is attached to, as well as the lever? Is it from the chain case cover to the large mounting plate it attaches to and the mounting plates are the same in reverse/non-reverse models?

Thanks a lot for any information you can provide!
    doug

This user has no status.

Member #
    youre not from the cleveland ohio area are you? may i ask what the fella is paying for your reverse?
    but to answer your question
    the chaincase that is attached to the bulkhead does not need to go, they are all the same for those style sleds. anything in the chaincasr should be included, both lower gears, the 2 pinion gears and shaft, all spacers, theres a lil bracket that mounts with 2 small phillip screws that needs tobe with it, the cover and the lever need to go. im sure theres a few other small parts im missing, someone should be able to post a link to items included, it also depends on how nice YOU want to be. the upper sprocket and the chain do not NEED to be included, if you buy a new reverse kit these items are used off the sled its being installed on, but really if your parting the sled what good are they gonna do you?
    theres also a few shafts and shims with the lower gears that need to go.
    hope this helps.

Links