Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

VES WITH SOLENOID/VES WITHOUT

This is a discussion on VES WITH SOLENOID/VES WITHOUT within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; wondering if someone could shed some light..im rebuilding a 2004 polaris classic 700 liberty with ves,now im used to seeing ves valves with a t- ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VES WITH SOLENOID/VES WITHOUT

CONFUSCIUS SAY..MAN WHO DRIVES LIKE HELL...SURE TO GET THERE!!!!
    is the waiting for white
    continues>>>>>

Member #
    wondering if someone could shed some light..im rebuilding a 2004 polaris classic 700 liberty with ves,now im used to seeing ves valves with a t- fitting venting to a solenoid that acts as a switch to dump air,allowing valves to open shut,at least that is how it is on my 06 fusion 600 ho.This 700 however just has the valves with guillotine no tubes or solenoid.How does this system work,and which setup is better or more reliable?....would this 700 not be considered an ho like my 600?what makes the ho?thx for any help

This user has no status.

Member #
    Those are the older style valves, same as on my edge 800.. Better? Who knows..

The H.O. is the carbed version of the fusion, the CFI is the EFI version.

Waiting for more snow
    is The snow is here!

Member #
    If I remember correctly, they switch to the solenoid to cause the valves to open at a higher RPM, to help with fuel economy and EPA crap.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I've had both, with solenoids and without, I don't know which way is better. On my last sled with the solenoids I removed them only to make the system that much simpler, one less thing to go wrong. When I took the solenoids off I changed the VES springs and capped the hole on the valves with vacume caps.

CONFUSCIUS SAY..MAN WHO DRIVES LIKE HELL...SURE TO GET THERE!!!!
    is the waiting for white
    continues>>>>>

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ssracing
    I've had both, with solenoids and without, I don't know which way is better. On my last sled with the solenoids I removed them only to make the system that much simpler, one less thing to go wrong. When I took the solenoids off I changed the VES springs and capped the hole on the valves with vacume caps.
    Thanks for the help

is picking the LE Monday!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by slothman1
    Quote Originally Posted by ssracing
    Thanks for the help
    see ive always herd its better w/ the solenoids, it helps regulate and get a better valve operations along w/ power (from what ive been told) why would Polaris spend more money on something that they wouldn't need in the first place if they didn't think it would help with the performance of the sled and motor

This user has no status.

Member #
    see ive always herd its better w/ the solenoids, it helps regulate and get a better valve operations along w/ power (from what ive been told) why would Polaris spend more money on something that they wouldn't need in the first place if they didn't think it would help with the performance of the sled and motor
    [/quote]

I don't know you could be right about better performance with the solenoids but I never noticed a different without them, plus I had one less thing to worry about. I wouldn't gauge it on Polaris spending the money on them if they didn't need to though, because it probably has more to do with emission standards than anything else.

is Summer sucks, I want snow!!!

Member #
    If polaris was interested in performance only, they would have not done away with the tripple tripples. I concur with ssracing on the epa BS. we run our sled maybe 3-5months a year at best on a regular basis. But the epa is always wanting to bust our balls, go after the rail road industry, they still havent made them go to a low sulfer diesel yet. Thats way worse than some two strokers having fun in the snow!!!

Waiting for more snow
    is The snow is here!

Member #
    I think without the solenoid, your valves will open earlier giving you more midrange power. This is what I was told when researching this a couple years ago. Polaris went to the solenoid to help with fuel mileage and emissions.

Bring It, Don't Sing It!
    is snow on the ground but not for
    long... Not in mood yet to
    wrench on sleds... :(

Member #
    I still miss my '04 700 Pro-X2's torque/acceleration compared to my 600HO's that I have now. If the ride of the Edge/Pro-X chassis was better overall I'd still own one, but the IQ Raw is in a league of its own and is far and above the previous sleds...
    Keep your valves clean, you can change out the VES springs to adjust when they open, sooner or later. The selenoid also helps clean out the waste oil common in the VES housing under the bellows.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links