1992 indy 500 sp efi
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1992 indy 500 sp efi

This is a discussion on 1992 indy 500 sp efi within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; the sled was running, now however it has got a problem, we have spark, the fuel pump starts when we turn on the key, when ...

Thread: 1992 indy 500 sp efi

This user has no status.

Member #
    the sled was running, now however it has got a problem, we have spark, the fuel pump starts when we turn on the key, when we pull the rope the ecu sense and the fuel pump runs each time we pull, it just will not start, we have checked wires, all look ok. we took the cover off the EFI box, when we turn on the key the red light only flashes on for a second and goes right out, we have read that the light should stay on for a little while and the go out, so we are thinking that the EFI box has gone out. we are in need of some good advice and some places to start checking or if we just need to get a new EFI box. thanks

is trying to find out who won the
    IQ Shift

Member #
    The light is the trouble code flasher. I have two ECU's and they both only flash at power up to indicate they are getting power and then go out. Easy check that shouldn't cause any damage is to unplug the sensor on the side of your air box and the led will flash the code for that(1 long 3 short) when you wake up the computer by turning the key to prime or pull the sled over.

Some things I've tried to trouble shoot mine are
    battery voltage, HAS TO be 12.5 or higher
    plugs
    fuel pressure
    compression

put a little fuel in cylinders to see if its a problem with injectors not giving enough.

When it runs, I love my EFI when it just decides ehhh I don't feel like it, I don't like it very much.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tazzzdvil
    The light is the trouble code flasher. I have two ECU's and they both only flash at power up to indicate they are getting power and then go out. Easy check that shouldn't cause any damage is to unplug the sensor on the side of your air box and the led will flash the code for that(1 long 3 short) when you wake up the computer by turning the key to prime or pull the sled over.

Some things I've tried to trouble shoot mine are
    battery voltage, HAS TO be 12.5 or higher
    plugs
    fuel pressure
    compression

put a little fuel in cylinders to see if its a problem with injectors not giving enough.

When it runs, I love my EFI when it just decides ehhh I don't feel like it, I don't like it very much.
    Thank you, we are going to try to get the codes, I did a lot of looking last night for help and managed to find the blink codes, so sometime today we are going to start checking all the idea we have been given, thanks for you for your ideas also. you are right, when the sled runs it runs great but then like you said when it doesn't man oh man.

This user has no status.

Member #
    ok, now we have checked the codes, found #33, cdi output bad, before I replace it is there anything else that I sould check before just hooking up the cdi and giving it a try? please help

is trying to find out who won the
    IQ Shift

Member #
    CDI is one of the all or nothings. If you have one, throw it in and hopefully that will eliminate it from possible problems.

This user has no status.

Member #
    If you have good spark your CDI should be fine. I have the same sled and got the same code when I read stored codes but that was not the problem. I know with mine it would not start when the water temp sensor failed. There is a great manual on this site for these in the gallery section under documents. Lots of good info in it.

If you have good spark your CDI should be fine. I have the same sled and got the same code when I read stored codes but that was not the problem. I know with mine it would not start when the water temp sensor failed. There is a great manual on this site for these in the gallery section under documents. Lots of good info in it. Also it probably is not the ECU. Talked to a few Polaris mechanics and they all say these never die unless they have gotten really wet.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links