Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

92 polaris 650 rxl efi

This is a discussion on 92 polaris 650 rxl efi within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; I fired up my sled from storage and drove it to town. I noticed when the tach stops working the headlight would go out also. ...

Thread: 92 polaris 650 rxl efi

This user has no status.

Member #
    I fired up my sled from storage and drove it to town. I noticed when the tach stops working the headlight would go out also. but the sled still runs fine. then I waited till it got dark lastnight and this is what happened:
    when the headlight works and tach work the tail is dimmer. but as soon as the headlight and tach shut off at the same time the tail light gets super bright.

Any ideas whats causeing this? Its intermintant and comes and goes. i am trying to get this sled up and going for a friend to use this weekend.

thanks

This user has no status.

Member #
    grounding issue?

This user has no status.

Member #
    you voltage regulator is bad

is full bore in firewood mode!!!!

Member #
    bad voltage regulator usually blows all the lights. I personally think you have a stator starting to take a crap.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Corroded yellow (aka power) wire?

This user has no status.

Member #
    I started losing my lights and tach intermittently on my RXL last year, turned out it was the lighting coil inside the magneto, the padding was gone and the wire broke from the vibration.
    Your issue sounds more like a wiring problem, probably in the hood loom.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I was thinking voltage regulator too, but I always thought it would just burn ure lights out from too much current. Isn't that correct? The grounds are all good on it as far as I can tell. I know the person I bought the sled from had the exhaust burn through the wire loom and he had redone it and taped it up and put a heat shroud over it and moved it away from the triple pipes he installed. So there is a possibilty there is an issue there. I will let you guys know. If not, I guess I will have to pull the exhaust and look at the stator connection and so forth.

thanks

Links