Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Need to wire new kill switch???

This is a discussion on Need to wire new kill switch??? within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; Ok you electrical guru's I need some help. I have a 1995 polaris RXL EFI w/ electric start wiring harness that I am putting on ...

Thread: Need to wire new kill switch???

This user has no status.

Member #
    Ok you electrical guru's I need some help. I have a 1995 polaris RXL EFI w/ electric start wiring harness that I am putting on my custom sled with an efi engine and electric start. The kill switch I have on the sled is only a 2 wire kill switch. A solid red wire and a off color white which is solid also. Now my wire harness has 2 different plugs for the kill switch. 1 with a brown wire and black wire. the other with a solid red wire and a red with a white stripe.

How do I wire this kill witch to work with the 95 RXL wiring? I have the sled all done and the wiring all run. I got to the kill switch and I was like oh crap!

So if somoene can please help me ASAP, it would be super greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks,
    Joe

This user has no status.

Member #
    Grab a kill switch from an RXL.

The RXL kill switch has 2 sets of independent contacts, one normally open, the other normally closed.

You can bypass the the 'ECU power' part of the kill switch, but then you'll have to turn off the sled by key in order to shut off the ECU. That will probably result in a lot of getting jumped, because you'll forget.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I hate to rob one of one of the other sleds but I guess I will have too if there is no way to wire the 2 wire switch? Is that the case?

Thanks for the reply Dave

This user has no status.

Member #
    You can use a 2 wire switch to kill the engine, connected to the kill switch wire from the CDI. However this won't remove power from the ECU so it will drain the battery over time. Not a problem if you have a disconnect switch on the battery and remember to switch it off when you're done using the sled.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Well I found a brand new 4 wire kill switch amongst some parts I had. So I just switched out the kill switch. Thanks anyways guys!!

Links