Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1995 polaris rxl

This is a discussion on 1995 polaris rxl within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; i just bought a 95 rxl 650, it seems fine when its idling but when you start moving,it seems to bog like its dropping a ...

Thread: 1995 polaris rxl

This user has no status.

Member #
    i just bought a 95 rxl 650, it seems fine when its idling but when you start moving,it seems to bog like its dropping a cylinder but when you open it up it fly's, I've gone over everything and I cant see whats wrong with it any suggestions?

is has some snow, getting a whole
    lot tomorrow and going riding
    on Sunday!!!!!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jabano736
    i just bought a 95 rxl 650, it seems fine when its idling but when you start moving,it seems to bog like its dropping a cylinder but when you open it up it fly's, I've gone over everything and I cant see whats wrong with it any suggestions?
    I owned a 95 RXL and generally the older Polaris triples would be boggy off the line....I change the primary spring to an epi almond which increased the engagement rpm, and that pretty much eliminated the 'off the line bog'. I still miss the braaapp sound of my RXL...........

Kubie.

This user has no status.

Member #
    What RPM is the clutch engaging? If the spring gets weak and it engages too low, then you'll get exactly that response.

This user has no status.

Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly_old_Poo_kid
    What RPM is the clutch engaging? If the spring gets weak and it engages too low, then you'll get exactly that response.
    the clutch is engaging at around 4000-4100RPM

is has some snow, getting a whole
    lot tomorrow and going riding
    on Sunday!!!!!

Member #
    check your clutch weights too. I had a flat spot on one of mine which also caused a bogg, but it was more of a mid range bod than a low end bogg.....if you compress the primary clutch you can inspect the primary weighs............

This user has no status.

Member #
    Have the primary clutch gone through, and maybe bump up the engagement speed a little. 4500 to 5000

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubie
    check your clutch weights too. I had a flat spot on one of mine which also caused a bogg, but it was more of a mid range bod than a low end bogg.....if you compress the primary clutch you can inspect the primary weighs............
    will do

Links