Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Polaris rear suspension

This is a discussion on Polaris rear suspension within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; how do I raise up the rear on my 00 xcsp? I can't turn the spring, but maybe adjust the wire spring?...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Polaris rear suspension

is sold the Pro-x, what a mistake

Member #
    how do I raise up the rear on my 00 xcsp? I can't turn the spring, but maybe adjust the wire spring?

is needs to get my new renegade
    1000 rebuilt

Member #
    for the rear set of bolts on the skid theres usually some lower holes to put them in which would raise the rear suspension a bit

is 1.75 46.5% should be a good
    weekend

Member #
    The gen 2 sleds didnt have the lower suspension mounting holes. But slp makes ones you can put on. There only 20 bucks too.

is Hey.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleD
    The gen 2 sleds didnt have the lower suspension mounting holes. But slp makes ones you can put on. There only 20 bucks too.
    They're [thumb]

is [IMG]http://i1278.photobucket.
    com/albums/y516/98700xc/728BB8
    E6-9DF1-4745-8E53-7273C205BD7E
    -3735-000003E9FFA90058_zps2809
    035e.jpg[/IMG]

Member #
    Adding drop brackets to that 00 XC is gonna cause it to have more ski pressure and make the ride undesirable,not to mention other handling issues,tightening up the torsion springs is not the answer either,the old extra 10 is what it is,you will gain no more travel by jacking up the rear,if your looking for more travel then I would look into doing a edge rear suspension swap.

This user has no status.

Member #
    The extra-10's sit low on the Gen II chassis, it's just how it is.

weekend

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 98700xc
    Adding drop brackets to that 00 XC is gonna cause it to have more ski pressure and make the ride undesirable,not to mention other handling issues,tightening up the torsion springs is not the answer either,the old extra 10 is what it is,you will gain no more travel by jacking up the rear,if your looking for more travel then I would look into doing a edge rear suspension swap.
    The front of the suspension has a spot to drill out a lower hole... You HAVE to drill even farther down than that in order to not have insane ski pressure. what I did was use the slp drop brackets. (lowers it about 2 1/4 inches) then the front we drilled out the second stock hole. Too much ski pressure so we ended up drilling almost 2 inches and that was perfect. Rides and corners like before. I have found out it helps a little bit in deep snow. There is no extra travel just a more aggressive look and you can put a bigger lug track on it. I hated how low it was stock. it also raises up the front suspension too.

I also have the front strap all the way loose. One other thing when you drill lower than the second hole you have to measure correctly! There is no guidance hole for drilling!

But if your looking for more travel then you would want an edge suspension. Or if your like me and don't like the low rear end and want a more aggressive look I would drop it.

is sold the Pro-x, what a mistake

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleD
    The front of the suspension has a spot to drill out a lower hole... You HAVE to drill even farther down than that in order to not have insane ski pressure. what I did was use the slp drop brackets. (lowers it about 2 1/4 inches) then the front we drilled out the second stock hole. Too much ski pressure so we ended up drilling almost 2 inches and that was perfect. Rides and corners like before. I have found out it helps a little bit in deep snow. There is no extra travel just a more aggressive look and you can put a bigger lug track on it. I hated how low it was stock. it also raises up the front suspension too.

I also have the front strap all the way loose. One other thing when you drill lower than the second hole you have to measure correctly! There is no guidance hole for drilling!

But if your looking for more travel then you would want an edge suspension. Or if your like me and don't like the low rear end and want a more aggressive look I would drop it.
    What I did for now, in hopes of it raising the rear just a little, was adjusted the torsion springs, I didn't want it up too much, just alittle

POLARIS FOR LIFE!
    is snow maybe on the forcast for
    Halloween!

Member #

Yes i know, you get more carbide wear, more downward force on your skis, and not that easy to turn, I bought the kit to make my old sled higher would not recomend it at all, if you gonna do that see if someone has an xtra 12, or M-10 in a recked or used sled, i bought an xtra 12 front and back for my 1994 XCR 440 and it worked great, some bolt holes will not line up right but it will work!

weekend

Member #
    The suspension drop works just fine if you drop the front bolt holes too. But it needs to be about the same drop as the rear. Otherwise you will have too much ski pressure. Over 2500 miles with it and,in that ive gone through one set of carbides. if done right it works just great. I love how my sled handles.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links