1992 efi 500 electircal issue
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1992 efi 500 electircal issue

This is a discussion on 1992 efi 500 electircal issue within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; i have a 1992 efi 500 twin the fuel pump doesnt go on but i hear a little click it was working fine until I ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1992 efi 500 electircal issue

This user has no status.

Member #
    i have a 1992 efi 500 twin the fuel pump doesnt go on but i hear a little click it was working fine until I parked it for the night and went out to start it in the morning just a little click. the light on the efi computer isnt going on. im pretty good around snowmobiles as i have rebuilt one but this is way beyond me. any help would be gladly appreciated. thanks, colin

is Anyone watching the
    filibuster?

Member #
    Make sure your battery has a full charge, it may have drained overnight....most EFI systems need a full 12v to operate properly(unless they are batteryless of coarse).

This user has no status.

Member #
    ok will put a new battery in. bought one last season. thanks i will do that tomorow. thanks,colin

This user has no status.

Member #
    i put a new battery and still same result. my fuel pump is not going on. the led indicator is giving me the codes that the injectors are bad? would that make the fuel pump not run? thanks colin

This user has no status.

Member #
    Sounds like your ECU is getting power, but the rest of your EFI system is not. Check your fusible links and relays. This should help you.

is Anyone watching the
    filibuster?

Member #
    Water may have got into one of the connections as well...make sure they are all dry.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Both the injectors and the fuel pump get their power through the green fuse link. It is common for the fuse link to corrode and lose contact , give it a gentle tug and I bet it will fall off in your hand. Loss of power through the green fuse link will cause no fuel pump and the ECU will blink injector codes

... should be an easy fix

is Anyone watching the
    filibuster?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholmquist
    Both the injectors and the fuel pump get their power through the green fuse link. It is common for the fuse link to corrode and lose contact , give it a gentle tug and I bet it will fall off in your hand. Loss of power through the green fuse link will cause no fuel pump and the ECU will blink injector codes

Check that, this guy sounds like he knows what he is taking about.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholmquist

Nice to see you coming around again, Mike! Don't be such a stranger...

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks Dave . I come around when I can , just seem to be so busy these days...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links