Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Polaris indy 650 rebuild and 600rr carb parts

This is a discussion on Polaris indy 650 rebuild and 600rr carb parts within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; Im going down to the shop to work on my sleds tonight and had a few questions. There's a 92 Indy 650, mag side cylinder ...

Thread: Polaris indy 650 rebuild and 600rr carb parts

is .

Member #
    Im going down to the shop to work on my sleds tonight and had a few questions.

There's a 92 Indy 650, mag side cylinder and pistons junk. 92 RXL 650 middle cylinders gone. Still ran just went slow home. Are the cylinders and everything the same? the RXL has low miles and is pretty mint so I'd like to get that one running and just use the one as a parts sled but I wasn't sure if the intake sizes and everything were the same. also what would have caused the rxl to burn up a piston? It was to the point where the plug had peices of piston in it when we stopped on the trail. And I don't really know how the efi works. And would I be better off using the carbs or the EFI?

2008 Polaris 600rr i need needles and seats is there any cheaper parts other than through polaris? just want to sell the sled. also I broke a clip going onto the carb it's a plastic plug with a couple wires coming off the end. It's the only electronic part on the carb.

Thanks!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Yes, the cylinders are the same. As far as the EFI/Carb question goes, there are very strong opinions on both sides of this, I have no opinion either way, they both have their good and bad. The RXL could have been a victom of E-10, snow in the airbox...etc. As far as your RR sounds like you broke the TPS connection.

is .

Member #
    what does the tps do?

And maybe I'll put the carbs in so I can sell the efi.

is on the road to recovery,,I
    hope

Member #
    throttle position sensor

is .

Member #
    And I'm guessing the sled wont run without it?

Links