Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Drive shaft bearings

This is a discussion on Drive shaft bearings within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; Good morning everybody,I am getting ready to bring my sled home from storage and want to get to work right away and replace the track,bearings ...

Thread: Drive shaft bearings

This user has no status.

Member #
    Good morning everybody,I am getting ready to bring my sled home from storage and want to get to work right away and replace the track,bearings and install the reverse I got with the sled.I would like like to know from real world experience how hard are the bearings to deal with?The polaris service manual tells me remove and replace and we all know that is never the case.I have pullers,presses and TORCHES if need be.Any tips would be great.TIA

This user has no status.

Member #
    I've never needed anything more than a basic bearing puller.. If the sled is greased seasonally, usually some gets under the bearing and it'll pull off pretty easy.

This user has no status.

Member #
    very rarely do i pull a bearing, i simply cut them off with the torch wire brush or emery cloth the shaft clean and put the new bearing on.

if you are going to pull it clean the shaft from the bearing to the end of the shaft.

Links