Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Indy 500 EFI motor in carb chassis

This is a discussion on Indy 500 EFI motor in carb chassis within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; Well my track gave out over the weekend on my 95 EFI and threw a stud right through the front heat exchanger. It looks like ...

Thread: Indy 500 EFI motor in carb chassis

This user has no status.

Member #
    Well my track gave out over the weekend on my 95 EFI and threw a stud right through the front heat exchanger. It looks like I need to remove the motor to replace it. I have another indy 500 carb chassis and was wondering what is different between the EFI and carb? I noticed there is an electric fuel pump. If I swap the wiring harness can I hook up the fuel pump to my tank on the 95 carb? Thanks!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Yes, but you'll also have to install a return line.. (this goes from the pressure regulator back to the tank) Just pull the one out of the old tank and drill a hole in the new tank in the same spot, and put it in.

This user has no status.

Member #
    So it seems pretty straight forward. Was there differnet clutching for the EFI or is it all the same. I am going to do this hopefully thursday since there calling for a large lake effect storm to hit for the weekend.

This user has no status.

Member #
    The clutching "should" be similar. ( can't the primaries stay with their respective engines??). The biggest difference is the fuel return line.. Also, don't forget the battery box.
    Also, the porting is larger on the EFI engine, so keep the y-pipe with the engine, and muffler if possible.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I will keep all the motor parts with the respective motor as well as the clutch.

This user has no status.

Member #
    just put a 93 efi in a 99 evolved chassis a few months ago took 2 1/2 hours now putting a 92 efi in a 2000 gen 2

Links