Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

gas tank help

This is a discussion on gas tank help within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; whats the name of the screw in this tank called pic : http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/1/9/2/8/8/4/webimg/651241162_o.jpg ong story short i got a sled it was all rigged now ...

Thread: gas tank help

This user has no status.

Member #
    whats the name of the screw in this tank called

pic : http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/1/9/2/8/8/4/webimg/651241162_o.jpg
    ong story short i got a sled it was all rigged now im trying to fixed someones half assed job they did almost done just the tank left now and the screw is snapped off at the tip so i'm gonna have to replace . any help is greatly apperacted [thumb]

is Snow is IN THE FORECAST!

Member #
    Isn't that just for the fuel line?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by RMKguy18
    Isn't that just for the fuel line?
    yeah i think so but i need a new screw so i can hook up the lines from that cuz gas was pissing all over from the screw being snapped off the pic is just some random shit i found online for a reference its on an older indy

is 1.75 46.5% should be a good
    weekend

Member #
    Its a fitting. What year and model sled are you using the gas tank from? Some screw in and some "pop" in place using a rubber gromet. If that's the case I'm willing to bet you need a new rubber grommet.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleD
    Its a fitting. What year and model sled are you using the gas tank from? Some screw in and some "pop" in place using a rubber gromet. If that's the case I'm willing to bet you need a new rubber grommet.
    ell it's snapped at the tip where u hook the line into it cuz i found the end stuck in the gas line is a 1981 POLARIS txl 340

is 1.75 46.5% should be a good
    weekend

Member #
    The parts finder I use doesn't go that old. Can you take it out and bring it to like Napa or something and get one with the same threads or what ever. It would work then.

Or bring it to a dealer and compare it with other fittings they have. Chances are one will work

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleD
    The parts finder I use doesn't go that old. Can you take it out and bring it to like Napa or something and get one with the same threads or what ever. It would work then.

Or bring it to a dealer and compare it with other fittings they have. Chances are one will work
    will do thanks

Links