XCR 440 owners. - Page 12
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

XCR 440 owners.

This is a discussion on XCR 440 owners. within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; I bought the Polaris 074 belt today which was recomended from what I have read on here, and it seems almost too wide for the ...

Page 12 of 695 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 512 ... LastLast
Like Tree366Likes

Thread: XCR 440 owners.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I bought the Polaris 074 belt today which was recomended from what I have read on here, and it seems almost too wide for the primary clutch when it is at the bottom of the sheaves. The belt also sits fairly high on the secondary. I can get alot more top end out of my sled now, but it seems like the clutch engages less harsh now compared to my old one. I don't know if this is normal or not, or if I am supposed to adjust for this belt, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

is Tryin to figure out this new
    formatt. Been awhile since he
    has signed into SF

Member #
    Originally posted by moto-ski-man
    [br]I bought the Polaris 074 belt today which was recomended from what I have read on here, and it seems almost too wide for the primary clutch when it is at the bottom of the sheaves. The belt also sits fairly high on the secondary. I can get alot more top end out of my sled now, but it seems like the clutch engages less harsh now compared to my old one. I don't know if this is normal or not, or if I am supposed to adjust for this belt, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    If you were running the 3211067 belt, you might have 3 .030" shims under the snap ring? Now that you are using the 3211074, you need 1-.030" shim. Remeber when you change the belt deflection sperate the sleves and push down on the belt to help hold them apart, then adjust the shim accordingly.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Ok, my snap ring pliers are not big enough for this snap ring so I will pick some up as soon as possible. When I take the snap ring out will everything pop apart or is there a special method of doing this? Also, why do I need to seperate the sheves while putting in the 1 0.030" shim? Can't I just remove the snap ring and put in the correct shim? This is pretty confusing for me! Thanks for the help.

has signed into SF

Member #
    Sorry...I might of made it confusing. Only when you need to change your belt deflection is when you do that, seperate the sheves, sorry. But yes...when you pull your secondary off check to see if there is 3 of thoes shims under the snap ring..if its riding high then there probably is. Yes once that snap ring comes out watch yourself...that helix can pop up at you pretty good. But if you can don't let the helix pop out and remove 2 of the shims..it will be hard cause of the force the helix will have. We all know how hard it can be to put the secondary back together without the tool to hold the helix down. Anything eles you dont understand just let me know. If for some reason it does come out on you see how dirty it is, use breakcleaner or whatever you use to clean it up and put some grease on the shaft and the inside of the secondary that goes onto the shaft. Also..have the primary clutch reshimmed for .010" with the new belt if it is riding high like I think you said still. This belt is a little wider I think than the 067 so thats why you have to do this.

guzzlin' gas and haulin ass
    is traded the xcr for an 02 xcsp
    800!

Member #
    hey guys, just bought this 92 xcr 440 with a 500 motor in it, just got it out onight to ride(except for around the yard) and when i had it going maybe 50 it started to bog, is it too rich? please help.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hard to say without knowing more about the sleds history.

If I were to take a stab I would think carb issue.

has signed into SF

Member #
    Well I had my sled out today.....on a trailer thoe. I am re-building my primary so I thought since it was a nice day out why not snap some pictures of it...enjoy. *Notice the shine []*[attachment=22059]
    [attachment=22060]
    Attached Images Attached Images    

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hey guys I am just trying to get my sled all straighten away. I bought some new plastic skis so that should be nice. Just a couple of question for the xcr experts. What rear suspension does the '96 440 have, is it the the xtra-10 and it is just not labeled? It doesn't seem to sit high enough, the shocks need to be re-built though [] If is doesn't do you think that it is worth putting a xtra-10 skid in it, I can get my hands on a cheap one if I want. I was really looking into the hsp clutch kit and I was wondering what kind of other adjustments need to be done such as jetting or anything. I was also wondering what plugs I should run, or even if it makes a difference? Do any of you know where I could pick up some used pipes or anyone that still makes them for this sled. Thanks a lot guys I have been ridding since high school but this is the first sled that I have owned myself and I need some help figuring this stuff out. Any other suggestions that you have would be great and all of your help is much appreciated, think snow! [][][]

is time to make the firewood!!!

Member #
    The 96 should sit fairly low. With the clutch kit there is no need to rejet or do any engine changes. You can use either rn2c or br9es. Aaen may still have pipes. Your sled has the xtra 10.
    How much do you have your front spring turned up to. How many inches of threads are showing. These sleds came from the delaer with the front springs cranked up quite a bit.

This user has no status.

Member #
    The sled is at my parents place at the moment so I can't go out and look but from what I can remember they are pretty cranked, I would say that they definitely need to be rebuilt the guy that I got it from said that he never did it. Would loosening them help steering etc. To take the rear shock off do I need to pull the entire skid or can I just prop it up and take it out. Thanks for all your help guys and if any one has any experience with this sled and know anything that I can do to make it even run better and harder let me know. I want to have a finely tuned older sled that can smoke my buddies newer and high cc sleds on the trail and in the ditches. Thanks
    [galleryattach=6659]

Page 12 of 695 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 512 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links